RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Managed bindings

This discussion is connected to the gegl-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Managed bindings Gabriel Burt 06 Oct 22:24
Managed bindings Øyvind Kolås 07 Oct 12:51
Gabriel Burt
2006-10-06 22:24:16 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Managed bindings

Hello,

I searched around trying to find what work if any has been done on making managed (Mono) bindings for GEGL, but didn't find anything,

In the last few days I downloaded and played around with GEGL. I ran GAPI on it and tried to get the Hello World example running in managed code, but am not quite there yet. Have others already done this before? Is anybody else interested in helping me?

My main interest in doing this is to use GEGL for F-Spot's editing, allowing for easily applying a transformation to many images, 'editing' the parameters of a transformation at a later time, etc.

Also, if anybody is going to be at Gnome Summit this weekend and wants to meet up to hack or talk about GEGL etc, that'd be awesome.

Thanks,

Gabriel Burt

Øyvind Kolås
2006-10-07 12:51:33 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Managed bindings

On 10/6/06, Gabriel Burt wrote:

Hello,

I searched around trying to find what work if any has been done on making managed (Mono) bindings for GEGL, but didn't find anything,

I am not aware of any other efforts to make GEGL work through a mono binding. The host API is not settled yet, and any efforts to clean up/clarify the current C api is welcome.

My main interest in doing this is to use GEGL for F-Spot's editing, allowing for easily applying a transformation to many images, 'editing' the parameters of a transformation at a later time, etc.

There is one test application[1] that isn't yet fully public, but might be of some interest. It is a proof of concept/feature testing playground/GIMP layers dialog on steroids/resurrection of bauxite[2] like UI directly on top of GEGL, that eventually might evolve into a separate tool. I think this test code will land in CVS sometime next week.

/Øyvind K.

1: http://pippin.gimp.org/tmp/gegl-babl.png 2: http://pippin.gimp.org/bauxite/