RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp-user Digest, Vol 18, Issue 6

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Interoperability with ImageMagick airbete full 29 Aug 19:31
Interoperability with ImageMagick larry@marso.com 05 Sep 19:01
20040308193434.52B1D11A14@l... 07 Oct 20:22
  Gimp-user Digest, Vol 18, Issue 6 Jared Thompson 08 Mar 20:44
   Gimp-user Digest, Vol 18, Issue 6 Sven Neumann 08 Mar 21:15
airbete full
2002-08-29 19:31:41 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Interoperability with ImageMagick

ImageMagick has several interesting algorithms (NoiseReduction, Despeckle (that one doesn't work well in the GIMP by the way), ...) that I would like to use through the GIMP. Does there exist a C-C++ interface that facilitates a GIMP plug-in programmer to use ImageMagick routines? Or maybe another kind of interface using Script-fu / Magick Scripting Language ?

Of course I could always look at the source code of ImageMagick and recode whatever I want for the GIMP, but do I really want to do that... :-(

Currently, when I'm in the GIMP and want to modify an image with IM, I do it the hard way: save it, launch IM on it and then reload it in the GIMP.

Thanks,

AirBete.

larry@marso.com
2002-09-05 19:01:33 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Interoperability with ImageMagick

Yes there is.

There is a perl-fu script entitled "gimpmagick" that interoperates with ImageMagick.

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 02:14:16PM -0400, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:

At 1:31 PM -0400 8/29/02, airbete full wrote:

ImageMagick has several interesting algorithms (NoiseReduction, Despeckle (that one doesn't work well in the GIMP by the way), ...) that I would like to use through the GIMP. Does there exist a C-C++ interface that facilitates a GIMP plug-in programmer to use ImageMagick routines? Or maybe another kind of interface using Script-fu / Magick Scripting Language ?

There isn't one currently, but it would certainly be possible to write a GIMP plugin that uses ImageMagick to do the work on the image data.

Currently, when I'm in the GIMP and want to modify an image with IM, I do it the hard way: save it, launch IM on it and then reload it in the GIMP.

That certainly works...

Leonard Maintainer, ImageMagick

Jared Thompson
2004-03-08 20:44:48 UTC (about 20 years ago)

who does the website?

gimp-user-request@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu wrote:

Send Gimp-user mailing list submissions to gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to gimp-user-request@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu

You can reach the person managing the list at gimp-user-owner@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of Gimp-user digest..."

Today's Topics:

1. Re: Press pack requests (Alan Horkan) 2. Re: The GIMP Foundation (Dave Neary) 3. Re: Press pack requests (Dave Neary) 4. Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: [Gimp-user] The GIMP Foundation (Daniel Rogers)
5. Re: release date(s) & gimp PR problems (Sven Neumann) 6. Re: Press pack requests (Sven Neumann) 7. Re: Press pack requests (raymond ostertag) 8. 3D Image (Alf C Stockton)
9. building pre4 on Mandrake 9.2 (Thomas Spuhler) 10. Re: building pre4 on Mandrake 9.2 (Sven Neumann) 11. Re: building pre4 on Mandrake 9.2 (Thomas Spuhler)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 15:47:00 +0000 (GMT) From: Alan Horkan
To: Dave Neary
Cc: GIMPUser
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Press pack requests Message-ID:
In-Reply-To:
References:
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII MIME-Version: 1.0
Precedence: list

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Dave Neary wrote:

Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 13:31:53 +0100 From: Dave Neary
To: Gimp Developer ,
GIMPUser
Subject: [Gimp-user] Press pack requests

Hi all,

The 2.0 release is getting closer, and there are still some thing missing from the press pack we want to send out.

- Could native english speakers who have a few minutes please look at the "What's new in GIMP 2.0" page (http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/WhatsNew) and correct any grammar problems?

The document starts with a TODO note that hopefully will be removed

User Interface section of the document http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/WhatsNew#head-d2a749c5087fa0d474be006f8799a732aae0e9b5 (hrrm relative link doesn't seem to work).

"Be careful, though, not to use existing keyboard accelerator sequences. [OR WHAT WILL HAPPEN?]"
What will happen is that you will get the new keybinding you have requested and the old one will quietly and without warning be removed and no longer have that keybinding.

(the next sentence 'probably' needs to be changed and as it mentions replacing the menurc it would be much more helpful if it clearly stated what exactly you replace it with and how, that is you can replace it by removing menurc and renaming ps-menurc to menurc)

The section 'Other Improvements' has an item [WHAT OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS] that should be removed. Perhaps replace it with a link to the full changelog?

I cannot see any grammatical errors but that doesn't mean there aren't any all that is really needed is a little editorial cleanup.

However as a user I'm fascinated by part of the closing statement "Gimp can already do many things that are difficult or impossible with Photoshop" and I would love if the author or anyone else could elaborate on this. It would make a very good pulicity piece to accompany the release notes.

- high-res screenshots of The GIMP showing new features are welcome. Examples of the kind of screenshots which are interesting are here: http://jimmac.musichall.cz/stuff/private/gimp-2/html/index.xhtml http://developer.gimp.org/screenshots.html

weird. mozilla (at the top of the browser tab) says the following screenshot is PNG
http://developer.gimp.org/screenshots/gimp-text.jpeg

- Alan H ------------------------------

Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 17:08:33 +0100 From: Dave Neary
To: Gimp Developer
Cc: GIMPUser
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] The GIMP Foundation Message-ID:
In-Reply-To:
References:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Precedence: list

Daniel Rogers wrote:

Avoid self-dealing.

What's this?

Be honest.

Is this true of every board? Even Halliburton?

1. Will TGF have members? I am talking about members with voting privledges, like I described above. (my vote is yes, btw)

Yes.

2. Should the membership be paid? (my vote is yes, for like $50 a year or some toher small amount. It helps for tax purposes).

Why not - this is also common in France. That means setting up paypal I guess... Although the GNOME foundation have a membership policy which fits in better with the Open Source model - there is a membership committee, which considers applications for membership on a case-by-case basis based on participation in the community. Membership is reconsidered every 3 years, and is free.

3. Should the membership have additional rights?

Aside from voting in the board? Meh...

It would be useful to know who is interested in accepting the responsibilites of being a board member (or officer).

Me. But a board can only work if the developers and the board work together towards the same goals, so to speak. If the board and the developers are in conflict, it'll bomb, or it'll be a PR disaster.

Cheers, Dave.

Sven Neumann
2004-03-08 21:15:49 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

Jared Thompson writes:

who does the website?

Sorry, but what exactly are you trying to ask? What web-site? What do you mean when you say 'who does the website'? I think I explained the situation about the different GIMP websites earlier today. Perhaps you want to read that mail. It might answer your rather obscure question.

Oh, and please, don't quote the full digest. It is considered bad style to quote more than you write. Please consider to respect the netiquette on the GIMP mailing lists.

Sven