RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Status of ODF export

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Status of ODF export Roman Joost 21 Aug 11:35
Roman Joost
2007-08-21 11:35:44 UTC (over 16 years ago)

Status of ODF export

Hi list,

I worked a bit on the ODF support lately. I fixed a few problems who made the ODF export impossible. The docbook2odf script couldn't handle relative paths, so the Makefile passes abolute paths to create the ODF files.

One big problem is the postprocessing of the images which consumes a motherload of time. Creating an ODT of the german user manual takes more than 20 minutes. I'll add the --debug flag to the manual. Everyone can check what the script is currently doing.

Ulf - you're a experienced perl hacker (at least more than I do.). Could you have a look at this script for obvious performance issues? I try to get help on the docbook2odf mailinglist.

Btw. if you can't open the generated odt file in openoffice.org, uncomment the utf-8 imports and usage in the docbook2odf script. I don't know why this is commented out or how docbook2odf uses the correct encoding...

Greetings,