RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

index terms in visible text

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

index terms in visible text Vitaly Lomov 19 Jun 17:26
  index terms in visible text Ulf-D. Ehlert 19 Jun 18:59
index terms in visible text kol-stue at online.no (Kolbj 19 Jun 23:26
index terms in visible text kol-stue at online.no (Kolbj 20 Jun 20:56
  index terms in visible text Axel Wernicke 21 Jun 07:53
Vitaly Lomov
2007-06-19 17:26:25 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

I found index terms (e.g. string Opacity; Brush; Pressure sensibility; Fade out; Hard edges) getting into html version of the manual. The following files are affected (for en): toolbox/tool-airbrush.xml
toolbox/tool-convolve.xml
toolbox/tool-dodge-burn.xml
toolbox/tool-paintbrush.xml
toolbox/tool-pencil.xml
toolbox/tool-smudge.xml

Those terms appear in the final version, break the text flow and are out of place. What shall we do?

Ulf-D. Ehlert
2007-06-19 18:59:17 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Am Dienstag, 19. Juni 2007 schrieb Vitaly Lomov:

I found index terms (e.g. string Opacity; Brush; Pressure sensibility; Fade out; Hard edges) getting into html version of the manual. The following files are affected (for en): toolbox/tool-airbrush.xml
toolbox/tool-pencil.xml
toolbox/tool-smudge.xml

Those terms appear in the final version, break the text flow and are out of place. What shall we do?

In my html version these strings are tool options with a note below (containing a link) - just follow the white rabbit... ;-)

Ulf -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : /lists/gimp-docs/attachments/20070619/dfca2a3b/attachment.bin

kol-stue at online.no (Kolbj
2007-06-19 23:26:36 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

----- Original Message ---

kol-stue at online.no (Kolbj
2007-06-20 20:56:18 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

The xml code sometimes generates the html code '' or something similar. The CSS(?) recognize this as a link and generates the link icon. Not always but perhaps in combination with certain tags. (In tool-clone.xml the is placed inside a tag):

Brushes
History brush

You can use a similar approach to imitate Photoshop's ... Well, this could be an explanation.
Screen shot of the browser window showing part of the 'gimp-tool-clone.html' at http://home.online.no/~kol-stue/temp/linkicon.jpg (I'm not sure this is the same problem Vitaly describes.) Kolbjoern

----- Original Message ---

Axel Wernicke
2007-06-21 07:53:10 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Hi,

now we do get closer to this...

... I think indeed Vitaliy is talking about something different, or two issues together.

1. There are some tool options, that are described not for each tool, but in a general section. These options are grouped into one listitem like "Opacity; Brush; Pressure Sensitivity; Fade Out; Hard Edge". The describing text consists of a note containing a link. The headline "Opacity; Brush; Pressure Sensitivity; Fade Out; Hard Edge" however is _not_ supposed to be a link.
--> IMHO here os no further action necessary. If there is a suggestion how to make a better heading for such cases I'm open for them.

2. Following the example from Kolbjoern, there are some cases, where elements are transformed to links in the html which should not be links at all. This smells like a Stylesheet problem. To find out the proper circumstances that lead to this behaviour some closer investigations seem neccessary. Can one reproduce this for each and every within a ?
--> Kolbjoern, can you have a closer look into this and file a bug against the docs project please?

Greetings,

2007/6/20, Kolbj?rn Stuest?l :

The xml code sometimes generates the html code '' or something similar. The CSS(?) recognize this as a
link and generates the link icon. Not always but perhaps in combination with
certain tags. (In tool-clone.xml the is placed inside a tag):

Brushes
History brush

You can use a similar approach to imitate Photoshop's ... Well, this could be an explanation.
Screen shot of the browser window showing part of the ' gimp-tool-clone.html' at
http://home.online.no/~kol-stue/temp/linkicon.jpg (I'm not sure this is the same problem Vitaly describes.) Kolbjoern

----- Original Message ----- From: Axel Wernicke
To: Kolbj?rn Stuest?l
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 7:49 AM Subject: Re: [Gimp-docs] index terms in visible text

Um, can somebody who is able to see the problem put an screenshot of the problem
online? In addition to that it might help to tell us the OS / browser combination you can see the problem. Again, http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-pencil.html looks fine to me on Safari @ OS X
and Firefox 2 @ W2k as well as on IE7 @ w2k

Greetings, lexA

2007/6/19, Kolbj?rn Stuest?l < kol-stue at online.no>: ----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 5:26 PM Subject: [Gimp-docs] index terms in visible text

toolbox/tool-pencil.xml
toolbox/tool-smudge.xml

In my version too these marks are indicating indexing in the xml code, but are
of no use in the html issue. No links to follow. It seams that they are a result
of the tag.
Kolbjoern

_______________________________________________ Gimp-docs mailing list
Gimp-docs at lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-docs

-- life is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you wanna get.