RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Changelog

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Changelog julien 03 Jun 22:25
  Changelog Sven Neumann 05 Jun 08:54
   Changelog julien 05 Jun 21:17
julien
2007-06-03 22:25:22 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Changelog

With gimp-2.4, there will be many changes, adds and deletions in Help. Could we use the svn status display (M src/..., A src/..., D images/...) in Changelog instead of the "* src/..." This would be more informative and commit more simple since the editor displays the svn status info.

Julien

Sven Neumann
2007-06-05 08:54:38 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Changelog

Hi,

On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 22:25 +0200, julien wrote:

With gimp-2.4, there will be many changes, adds and deletions in Help. Could we use the svn status display (M src/..., A src/..., D images/...) in Changelog instead of the "* src/..." This would be more informative and commit more simple since the editor displays the svn status info.

It is however very uncommon and, afaik, not supported by any editor out there. Why don't you use your editor's ChangeLog editing capabilities? In emacs for example, I use M-x add-changelog-entry.

Sven

julien
2007-06-05 21:17:50 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

Changelog

I have not been clear enough.

In the present Changelog, we have for example: * src/filters...
* images/filters...

Svn status command displays M src/filters...
A images/filters...

The svn status display is more informative than the present changelog. I think we should use the svn status model in our Changelog for the reasons I put forward.

Julien

It is however very uncommon and, afaik, not supported by any editor out there. Why don't you use your editor's ChangeLog editing capabilities? In emacs for example, I use M-x add-changelog-entry.

Sven