RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp-keys

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp-keys Marco Ciampa 07 May 11:09
  gimp-keys Sven Neumann 07 May 22:25
20070508063916.GA24858@ciam... 07 Oct 20:29
  gimp-keys Sven Neumann 09 May 12:49
Marco Ciampa
2007-05-07 11:09:24 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

gimp-keys

First of all: many thanks, the gimp-keys pot file is a good idea.

I have just a doubt: are gimp keys (not the menu hotkeys, just the key shortcuts) translatable or not? It seems to me that the default are the same for all the languages but I could be wrong. If I'm right then in the .pot file should go the strings only, not the keys.

bye

Sven Neumann
2007-05-07 22:25:53 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

gimp-keys

Hi,

On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 11:09 +0200, Marco Ciampa wrote:

I have just a doubt: are gimp keys (not the menu hotkeys, just the key shortcuts) translatable or not? It seems to me that the default are the same for all the languages but I could be wrong.

The names of the modifier keys are translated. GIMP uses the translation provided by GTK+. You should see translated modifier names in the GUI and the quick reference should use these translations.

If I'm right then in the .pot file should go the strings only, not the keys.

It would probably be nice if the modifier keys could be translated separately. No idea if this is feasible though.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2007-05-09 12:49:17 UTC (almost 17 years ago)

gimp-keys

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 08:39 +0200, Marco Ciampa wrote:

I have just a doubt: are gimp keys (not the menu hotkeys, just the key shortcuts) translatable or not? It seems to me that the default are the same for all the languages but I could be wrong.

The names of the modifier keys are translated.

Yes, sorry, I mean the modifiers strings are translated, not the keys in themself.

Ah, now I understand your question (at least I hope so). No, the default keyboard shortcuts are not translatable. Users can configure their own, but the defaults are hardcoded in the source code and there are no plans to change that.

Sven