RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

keep the AUTHORS in one place

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

keep the AUTHORS in one place Roman Joost 18 Feb 12:06
  keep the AUTHORS in one place Manuel Quiñones 18 Feb 23:21
Roman Joost
2007-02-18 12:06:09 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Hi folks,

I began yesterday to use a common way of managing our authors and contributors. Like the gimp developers already have, we should replace step by step the two places where we keep our authors list:

1. the text only AUTHORS version in the root of the module 2. the DocBook version in src/preface/authors.xml

I copied and customized the authors.xml file from GIMP; added additional stylesheets for creating the text version AUTHORS and a DocBook compliant version.

What needs to be done?

- The output needs to be a bit more verbose: what contributed what (more technical or more text)
- The creation of the DocBook compliant version can be automated, but probably don't has to be.

Benefits? We have keep our contributors in one list and don't have to care about various other lists. Additionally, we can merge the active contributors easily with the GIMP authors.xml.

Any comments, suggestions?

Greetings,

Manuel Quiñones
2007-02-18 23:21:07 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Hello Roman.

2007/2/18, Roman Joost :

Hi folks,

I began yesterday to use a common way of managing our authors and contributors. Like the gimp developers already have, we should replace step by step the two places where we keep our authors list:

1. the text only AUTHORS version in the root of the module 2. the DocBook version in src/preface/authors.xml

I copied and customized the authors.xml file from GIMP; added additional stylesheets for creating the text version AUTHORS and a DocBook compliant version.

What needs to be done?

- The output needs to be a bit more verbose: what contributed what (more technical or more text)
- The creation of the DocBook compliant version can be automated, but probably don't has to be.

Benefits? We have keep our contributors in one list and don't have to care about various other lists. Additionally, we can merge the active contributors easily with the GIMP authors.xml.

Any comments, suggestions?

I think this is great. I can add more information for the Spanish contributors, so everyone is credited well.

I'm not a DocBook expert, but tell me if I can help with this.

Manuel