RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp-help-2 - translation for glossary: gamma

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp-help-2 - translation for glossary: gamma kol-stue at online.no (Kolbj 29 Aug 15:13
  gimp-help-2 - translation for glossary: gamma Sally C. Barry 29 Aug 19:00
20060828142503.GA4400@clyde... 07 Oct 20:29
kol-stue at online.no (Kolbj
2006-08-29 15:13:42 UTC (over 17 years ago)

You are quite right! Your translation from norwegian is very good. A glip of my pen not to translate this in the glossary. Sorry. with regards
Kolbj?rn Stuest?l

Hello -

I am currently working on updating the English Gimp Glossary. Norwegian is the only language which currently has a definition for "gamma". Can you tell me what it says, so I can see about including the information in the English version, please? Perfect English is not required. :-)

Gammaverdi

Gammaverdien for biletskjermen er ein korrigeringsfaktor som bestemmer kor lys skjermen skal vere med bestemte inngangssignal. Dess h?gare verdi, dess m?rkare skjerm. Mac har standard gamma p? 1,8 og gir s?leis normalt ein lysare skjerm enn ein standard Windows PC som er sett til gammaverdien 2,2.

I think it is something like this, but my Danish dictionary doesn't have quite the right words for Norwegian.

A gamma value for a picture screen is a correction factor which determines how light the screen should be with a certain input signal. The higher the value, the darker the screen. The Mac has a standard gamma of 1.8 and therefore normally has a lighter screen than a standard Windows PC, which is set to a gamma value of 2.2.

Mange tak!

Med venlig hilsen,

Sally

----- Original Message ---

Sally C. Barry
2006-08-29 19:00:16 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hello Kolbj?rn -

You are quite right! Your translation from norwegian is very good. A glip of my pen not to translate this in the glossary. Sorry.

OK, thanks for your help. I'll probably expand it a little bit for the English, but I wanted to see what the Norwegian said, first.

Best,

Sally