RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Using id.as.filename

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Using id.as.filename Roman Joost 18 Dec 01:44
  Using id.as.filename Axel Wernicke 18 Dec 06:07
  Using id.as.filename julien 18 Dec 22:34
   Using id.as.filename Roman Joost 19 Dec 00:01
    Using id.as.filename julien 19 Dec 11:40
  Using id.as.filename Raphaël Quinet 19 Dec 11:30
Using id.as.filename DES0LATEDREAMS4U@aol.com 18 Dec 06:33
Roman Joost
2005-12-18 01:44:34 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Using id.as.filename

Hi everyone,

I just want to propose a slight change in the stylesheets for generating HTML. I think this has been discussed in several threads ago. I also want to vote for a change in the generated filenames, so that the id of the chapter is beeing used (e.g. html/de/gimp-file-open.html).

It is not intended that the change is used for an id lookup. The names we're currently use are just not usable by our readers who want to provide a link from their forum to a specific section.

Yes, there is a script [1], to create permanent links to our help pages. But, nobody uses it and therefore I think we should try something new. The scripts will still work to create permanent links. Sven and Mitch already proposed that change a year ago, so I would love to do this.

Any objections?

[1] - http://www.romanofski.de/lookup

Greetings,

Axel Wernicke
2005-12-18 06:07:21 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Using id.as.filename

Hi Roman,

if I got that right the only thing that is needed to change the file names is the stylesheet? If so I'd be happy to see that happen!

Greetings, lexa

Am 18.12.2005 um 11:43 schrieb Roman Joost:

Hi everyone,

I just want to propose a slight change in the stylesheets for generating
HTML. I think this has been discussed in several threads ago. I also want to vote for a change in the generated filenames, so that the id of
the chapter is beeing used (e.g. html/de/gimp-file-open.html).

It is not intended that the change is used for an id lookup. The names we're currently use are just not usable by our readers who want to provide a link from their forum to a specific section.

Yes, there is a script [1], to create permanent links to our help pages.
But, nobody uses it and therefore I think we should try something new. The scripts will still work to create permanent links. Sven and Mitch already proposed that change a year ago, so I would love to do this.

Any objections?

Greetings,

DES0LATEDREAMS4U@aol.com
2005-12-18 06:33:58 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Using id.as.filename

Skipped content of type multipart/related

julien
2005-12-18 22:34:39 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Using id.as.filename

Hi,

Like it was in Gimp-1.2 help? Well, on the condition that this is not new work for doc writers...

I think html names must be more simple. Why not "file-open.html" instead of "gimp-file-open.html"?

atb

julien

Roman Joost a ?crit :

Hi everyone,

I just want to propose a slight change in the stylesheets for generating HTML. I think this has been discussed in several threads ago. I also want to vote for a change in the generated filenames, so that the id of the chapter is beeing used (e.g. html/de/gimp-file-open.html).

Yes, there is a script [1], to create permanent links to our help pages. But, nobody uses it and therefore I think we should try something new. The scripts will still work to create permanent links. Sven and Mitch already proposed that change a year ago, so I would love to do this.

Any objections?

Greetings,

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roman Joost
2005-12-19 00:01:14 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Using id.as.filename

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 07:34:53AM +0100, julien wrote:

Like it was in Gimp-1.2 help? Well, on the condition that this is not new work for doc writers...

It's just a change in the stylesheet.

I think html names must be more simple. Why not "file-open.html" instead of "gimp-file-open.html"?

I would like to rely on the id's we're using as a filename. Manipulating on the id's is not necessary and may lead into errors IMO.

Greetings,

Raphaël Quinet
2005-12-19 11:30:52 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Using id.as.filename

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:43:13 +0100, Roman Joost wrote:

[...]

I'm all for it (even if my opinion does not count much as I do not work much on the translations). This would make it easier to link to the generated pages and would also allow the users to switch between languages in case they want to compare the translation in their own language with the English version. This is currently very difficult due to the differences in chapter numbering between the different languages. Using ids would make this much easier.

-Rapha?l

julien
2005-12-19 11:40:23 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Using id.as.filename

Hi,
When you diplay a directory content, file names are truncated if they are too long, and so they are sometimes not readable. That's why I suggested short names. But I understand how difficult manipulating id's is.

Greetings

julien

Roman Joost a ?crit :

I would like to rely on the id's we're using as a filename. Manipulating on the id's is not necessary and may lead into errors IMO.