RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

linking and referring to subsections

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

linking and referring to subsections Michael Hölzen 17 Dec 09:12
Michael Hölzen
2005-12-17 09:12:12 UTC (over 18 years ago)

linking and referring to subsections

I've got a question. Here's an example: The context help for file -> dialogs -> images has two links "Dialogs and Docking" for a general
description and "Docking" for a description of "Grid/List modes, Previews size"
which both refer to the same location (in the xml-file it's the id gimp-concepts-docks).
In the actual gimp-help-2-0.9 this is ch02s03s04.html. (3.4. Dialogs and Docking) which
contains all subsections. So if the user (in this case I) wants help for "Docking" he
will find the expected just by scrolling thru the page. After having compiled the latest xml to html the links refer to ch02s06.html (6. Dialogs and Docking) which only contains 6.1. Docking Bars. Maybe the user (in this case I) is not too irritated
and tabs forward to the desired explanation in section 6.4. My question is: Is it possible and would you agree that it's desirable to give the subsections an id
to refer directly to them?

Cheers

Michael