RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

warp.xml broken

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

warp.xml broken Axel Wernicke 21 Nov 12:05
  warp.xml broken julien 21 Nov 23:11
  warp.xml broken Roman Joost 22 Nov 00:16
warp.xml broken Axel Wernicke 22 Nov 00:03
  warp.xml broken Raphaël Quinet 22 Nov 09:48
   warp.xml broken Roman Joost 23 Nov 00:04
    warp.xml broken Raphaël Quinet 23 Nov 02:02
     warp.xml broken Axel Wernicke 23 Nov 11:50
Axel Wernicke
2005-11-21 12:05:33 UTC (over 18 years ago)

warp.xml broken

Hi,

I got a minute ago an update via cvs that contained a broken gimp- help-2/src/filters/map/warp.xml. Besides there a lots of empty and missing tags in it, it ends very unexpected in the middle of a . If thats really the content of the cvs repository and not some strange problem of my client, then this needs to be fixed with pretty high priority.

One more think I've seen with this update is, that there are new example images named like example-map-displace1.png. To name them example* is a waste since they are located in /images/filters/ examples/ already. It would be IMHO a good practice to avoid such and to name the files according to their specific content e.g. filtername- feature.png - warp-displace1.png.

just my 2cent for today :)

lexA

ps: I had a look at the example images themself - very nice!!

--- Live is like a chocolate box, you never know what you wanna get... GPG Signatur auf http://wernicke-online.net/Impressum/ pr?fen

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: PGP.sig
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 186 bytes
Desc: Signierter Teil der Nachricht
Url : /lists/gimp-docs/attachments/20051121/f8406c6a/PGP.bin

julien
2005-11-21 23:11:00 UTC (over 18 years ago)

warp.xml broken

Axel Wernicke a ?crit :

Hi,

I got a minute ago an update via cvs that contained a broken gimp- help-2/src/filters/map/warp.xml. Besides there a lots of empty and missing tags in it, it ends very unexpected in the middle of a . If thats really the content of the cvs repository and not some strange problem of my client, then this needs to be fixed with pretty high priority.

Broken?
warp.xml gives no error on make validate nor on make. All what is in xml is found in html. Could you be more precise? The last section is FIXME because I don't understand these options. Please complete it.

One more think I've seen with this update is, that there are new example images named like example-map-displace1.png. To name them example* is a waste since they are located in /images/filters/ examples/ already. It would be IMHO a good practice to avoid such and to name the files according to their specific content e.g. filtername- feature.png - warp-displace1.png.

There were other examples like this, so I only persisted. But I agree with your idea.

julien

Axel Wernicke
2005-11-22 00:03:15 UTC (over 18 years ago)

warp.xml broken

--- Urspr?ngliche Nachricht ---
Von: julien
An: Axel Wernicke
Kopie: forum Gimp
Betreff: Re: [Gimp-docs] warp.xml broken Datum: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:10:56 +0100

Axel Wernicke a ?crit :

Hi,

Broken?
warp.xml gives no error on make validate nor on make. All what is in xml is found in html. Could you be more precise? The last section is FIXME because I don't understand these options. Please complete it.

Please have a look at
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gimp-help-2/src/filters/map/warp.xml?view=markup This is what is currently in the cvs and it ends with:

More Advanced Options
Autres options

Gradient Scale.
?chelle de d?grad?

This of course is not valid and most certainly caused by some cvs trouble while commiting the file. Please check this. Additionally pixelize.xml shows an empty mediaobject tag in the german version - it seems something with that patch has gone terribly wrong.

lexA

There were other examples like this, so I only persisted. But I agree with your idea.

julien

Fine.

Roman Joost
2005-11-22 00:16:44 UTC (over 18 years ago)

warp.xml broken

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 09:05:19PM +0100, Axel Wernicke wrote:

I got a minute ago an update via cvs that contained a broken gimp-help-2/src/filters/map/warp.xml. Besides there a lots of empty and missing tags in it, it ends very unexpected in the middle of a . If thats really the content of the cvs repository and not some strange problem of my client, then this needs to be fixed with pretty high priority.

Right - something must have gone bad with the last checkin. Either someone updates the corrupted file or it will be removed.

Greetings,

Raphaël Quinet
2005-11-22 09:48:38 UTC (over 18 years ago)

warp.xml broken

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:03:12 +0100 (MET), "Axel Wernicke" wrote:

Please have a look at
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gimp-help-2/src/filters/map/warp.xml?view=markup This is what is currently in the cvs and it ends with:

[...]

This of course is not valid and most certainly caused by some cvs trouble while commiting the file. Please check this. Additionally pixelize.xml shows an empty mediaobject tag in the german version - it seems something with that patch has gone terribly wrong.

I did that commit for Julien. But actually, the error comes from Julien's patch and not from the cvs commit. I just checked that the zip file that I received contains the truncated warp.xml file. I will fix this as soon as I get the correct file.

Shame on me: I checked that the existing files that were modified by the patch still looked correct, but I forgot to also check the new files warp.xml and make-seamless.xml.

-Rapha?l

Roman Joost
2005-11-23 00:04:21 UTC (over 18 years ago)

warp.xml broken

Hi Rapha?l,

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 06:48:35PM +0100, Rapha?l Quinet wrote:

Shame on me: I checked that the existing files that were modified by the patch still looked correct, but I forgot to also check the new files warp.xml and make-seamless.xml.

Just for convenience: do you know to run 'make validate' to verify if everything is still correct? This is probably the easiest way to verify that :)

Greetings,

Raphaël Quinet
2005-11-23 02:02:52 UTC (over 18 years ago)

warp.xml broken

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 09:03:09 +0100, Roman Joost wrote:

Just for convenience: do you know to run 'make validate' to verify if everything is still correct? This is probably the easiest way to verify that :)

Well, sure. The validation step is also done while doing "make". But thanks for the reminder anyway. ;-)

Julien sent me a correct version of warp.xml this morning, so the problem should be gone now.

-Rapha?l

Axel Wernicke
2005-11-23 11:50:09 UTC (over 18 years ago)

warp.xml broken

Hi,

had to fix an error in pixelize.xml where a lang attribute was missing. Please everyone, do a make validate before committing a patch. Thanks a lot. Btw. one of the changes in pixelize.xml was to summarize a couple of elements into one . Thats a step forward, but a couple of weeks ago we agreed to prefer the use of elements since they provide a numbering scheme and title as well as caption (optional). It would be nice to replace any element by in the future.

Greetings, lexA

Am 23.11.2005 um 11:02 schrieb Rapha?l Quinet:

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 09:03:09 +0100, Roman Joost wrote:

Shame on me: I checked that the existing files that were modified by the
patch still looked correct, but I forgot to also check the new files warp.xml and make-seamless.xml.

Just for convenience: do you know to run 'make validate' to verify if everything is still correct? This is probably the easiest way to verify
that :)

Well, sure. The validation step is also done while doing "make". But thanks for the reminder anyway. ;-)

Julien sent me a correct version of warp.xml this morning, so the problem should be gone now.

-Rapha?l