GIMP 2.8.14: | Update 3 | Mac Version now available
Update 3 (Sept 15th 2014): A Mac version for Mavericks and Yosemite of GIMP 2.8.14 has been released. The latest version (p1) also fixes a problem with languages.
Update 2: The link to the new Windows installer which fixes the “crash on window resize” and “missing icons” bugs has been updated.
Update: Due to a problem with the libtool library versioning 2.8.12 had to be pulled back. 2.8.14 is now the latest version which should be used. We’ve updated our downloads section section to refelect the latest changes. A Windows build is available, too. You can also read the official anouncement on this.
There is a new stable version of GIMP: 2.8.12. This is a bug fix release that contains a few fixes and small enhancements, including a better XCF file loader and more.
Below we’ve copied the official news file. More information can be read in the official announcment
You can find the latest source code in our downloads section
Builds for Mac and Windows aren’t available yet, but they should follow soon and we’ll add them as soon as possible!
Additionally, the GIMP help files have also been updated some weeks ago and are now available in version 2.8.2.
Changes from GIMP 2.8.10 to GIMP 2.8.12
- OSX: Fix migration code for old GIMP directories – Fix brush sizes when used from plug-ins – Windows: Allow to Explorer-open files with UTF-8 characters in the filename
- Make XCF loading more robust against broken files
- Make sure the widget direction matches the GUI language – Remove the option to disable the warning when closing a modified image
- Fix canvas overlay widgets (like the text options) for tablets – Make DND work between images in one dockable
- Make gimp_image_get_name() return the string used for the image title
- Make script-fu-server more secure by listening to 127.0.0.1 by default and add a warning about changing that IP. This breaks the procedure’s API, but for security reasons. – Bring back proper script-fu translations
- Massively clean up and fix the OSX build and bundle – Add Jenkins tutorial
- Documentation updates
- Bug fixes
- Translation updates
Björn Kautler, Christian Lehmann, Daniel Sabo, Ed J, Hartmut Kuhse, Jehan, Jernej Simončič, João S. O. Bueno, Kevin Cozens, Mark Schmitz, Massimo Valentini, Michael Henning, Michael Natterer, Mikael Magnusson, Nils Philippsen, Piotr Drąg, SimaMoto,RyōTa, Simone Karin Lehmann, Sven Claussner, Téo Mazars, saul.
André Schutten, Aurimas Černius, Balázs Úr, Christian Kirbach, Daniel Mustieles, Dimitris Spingos, Inaki Larranaga Murgoitio, Jehan, Joao S. O. Bueno, João S. O. Bueno, Khaled Hosny, Konfrare Albert, Lasse Liehu, Marco Ciampa, Martin Srebotnjak, Massimo Valentini, PavelNicklasson, Piotr Drąg, Rafael Ferreira, Rodolfo Ribeiro Gomes, Rūdolfs Mazurs, Seong-ho Cho, SimaMoto,RyōTa, Sven Claussner, Tiagosdot, Yuri Myasoedov, akerbeltz, Мирослав Николић