GIMP 2.8.2 (+Windows build) has been released
This work by Richard Hirner is licensed under the Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported terms.
GIMP 2.8.2 has been released and contains some amendments (including improvements for Mac OS X) and bugfixes.
For instance, the performance of some filters has been improved and the Close dialog tells when closing an unsaved, but exported image.
As always, we have linked the soure code and the already available Windows version in our downloads.
If you are curious about the version number: Releases will have an even micro version number (the third part of the number) from now on to distinguish between non-released and released versions. For instance, if you fetch the current source code from the repository and build it, you will get GIMP 2.8.3 and not 2.8.4. As soon as the work is complete, 2.8.4 will be released.
The full list of changes (taken from the official ChangeLog):
Overview of Changes from GIMP 2.8.0 to GIMP 2.8.2
- Make tag matching always case-insensitive
- Let the tile-cache-size default to half the physical memory
- Mention that the image was exported in the close warning dialog
- Make sure popup windows appear on top on OSX
- Allow file opening by dropping to the OSX dock
- Fix the visibility logic of the export/overwrite menu items
- Remove all “Use GEGL” menu items, they only add bugs and zero
- Improve performance of display filters, especially color management
- Fix the image window title to comply with the save/export spec
and use the same image name everywhere, not only in the title
- Fix positioning of pasted/dropped stuff to be more reasonable
- Move gimpdir and thumbnails to proper locations on OSX
- Implement relocation on OSX
- Allow to use $(gimp_installation_dir) in config files
- Fix remembering of JPEG load/save defaults
- Revive the page setup dialog on Windows
Source and build system:
- Add Windows installer infrastructure
- Add infrastructure to build GIMP.app on OSX
- Lots of bug fixes
- List of translation updates