RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Problem (& solution) starting Gimp 2.6.7 under Snow Leopard

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Problem (& solution) starting Gimp 2.6.7 under Snow Leopard Greg Edwards 07 Sep 22:59
Greg Edwards
2009-09-07 22:59:45 UTC (over 14 years ago)

Problem (& solution) starting Gimp 2.6.7 under Snow Leopard

Hi,
Just a hopefully useful error report. I'm running Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6) and Gimp 2.6.7. When I boot and log in to the Mac, I always pre-start the X11 package, to run the nedit editor. On my previous setup, under Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and Gimp 2.4, Gimp would start fine whenever invoked. Now under Snow Leopard, when invoked Gimp stalls, no Gimp windows display, and an endless cycle of tries and retries to start X11 shows in the system log. (X11 is already started).

Solution: quit X11 and allow Gimp to restart it, after which Gimp comes up fine. Thereafter, for the rest of the login session, Gimp starts straight away.

Sounds like Gimp 2.6.7 needs a mod to better detect that X11 is already running.

Hope that's helpful. Let me know if you would like the system log.

Rgds, Greg E