GIMP beginners contest: Simple photo touch up!
19 Apr 2014 15:00 UTC – 10 Jun 2014 19:59 UTC
11 Jun 2014 00:01 UTC – 18 Jun 2014 00:00 UTC
Status: finished (1 submission)
The best three submissions will receive a coupon that can be entered on xinxii to get your prize!
These prizes have been sponsored by publisher Bur
Thank you very much!
This contest is primarily done for GIMP beginners – and it’s about simple foto touch up. Edit your photos and use simple techniques on it, like contrast, colors & saturation, sharpening, removing of unwanted objects, dodge & burn, etc. Which motive you’re using depends on you – it can be a portrait, landscape or maybe a close up flower – just as you like.
The only requirement: Every submission must have undergone at least 3 working steps (for instance this would be crop, contrast enhencement, blur/sharpen, etc). Please write these steps into the description when uploading your submisson.
Have a nice time with this contest! ;)
- Use a photo as basis for your editing
- Do at least 3 working steps on this photo, and write these steps into the description
- Show the initial photo somewhere in the final image. also leave it inside the uploaded workspace file
- only images uploaded via the Upload-Tool are accepted
- All uploaded images are published under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) License.
- You need a free gimpusers.com account to participate. You can use it to manage your submissions.
- All images have to be created with GIMP.
- Submissions are only accepted if uploaded using the Submissions page. Every image is required to be in JPEG or PNG format, and the GIMP workspace has to be uploaded, too.
- Please save and upload your GIMP workspace as .xcfbz2 file (instead of .xcf). The steps of the creation process should be as traceable as possible so that others can benefit.
- Make sure that all legal requirements are fulfilled, especially the copyright of used images. You can reference your sources in every submission's description.
- You can upload up to three submissions and modify/delete it until the end of the submission period.
- Submissions remain public when you should delete your account, but they won't be associated to an author anymore.
- Possible prizes are provided by the named sponsors. There is no legal claim to the prizes.