Colorizing comics or line drawings
06 May 2015 14:00 UTC – 06 Jul 2015 18:00 UTC
07 Jul 2015 00:02 UTC – 13 Jul 2015 00:02 UTC
Status: finished (0 submissions)
Just 4 fun :D
While the greys of winter are passing by we start to see saturated colors coming back to life. Which is great, because thats what this contest is all about. Getting color into you comics or drawings! Your challenge is to colorize a (maybe self drawn) comic or painting! I’ve done this in the example image which was drawn by a friend of mine (I can’t draw cool / good looking stuff myself :-/). The decision what kind of line painting you want to put color in relies totally on you. Have fun ;)
Please show the base image in the end picture in any way (for instance as a miniature in one of the corners).
- All uploaded images are published under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) License.
- You need a free gimpusers.com account to participate. You can use it to manage your submissions.
- All images have to be created with GIMP.
- Submissions are only accepted if uploaded using the Submissions page. Every image is required to be in JPEG or PNG format, and the GIMP workspace has to be uploaded, too.
- Please save and upload your GIMP workspace as .xcfbz2 file (instead of .xcf). The steps of the creation process should be as traceable as possible so that others can benefit.
- Make sure that all legal requirements are fulfilled, especially the copyright of used images. You can reference your sources in every submission's description.
- You can upload up to three submissions and modify/delete it until the end of the submission period.
- Submissions remain public when you should delete your account, but they won't be associated to an author anymore.
- Possible prizes are provided by the named sponsors. There is no legal claim to the prizes.