RSS/Atom feed Twitter

Zee File Management System with Calc

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Zee File Management System with Calc sleeping8 29 Nov 12:17
  Zee File Management System with Calc devvv 29 Nov 23:30
   Zee File Management System with Calc sleeping8 30 Nov 02:45
  Zee File Management System with Calc NormanMDiaz 23 Mar 15:58
  Zee File Management System with Calc KaliU 09 Apr 20:25
2012-11-29 12:17:31 UTC (over 9 years ago)
postings
contact

hi,

i have been using Gimp for a number of years. I am glad to announce upload of a simple template in Calc to manage the so many files of different types sitting in our computers. Hope it will be useful for you

http://templates. services. openoffice. org/en/node/ 9022

This is a "study example and do it yourself" template to manage files on your computer. The example is for PDF files but with a little study and practice, nothing can stop you to use it for files, folders, or even system files of any type. A pre-requisite to use is learning and using the freeware BulkFileChanger© from http://www.nirsoft.net/ The features of the Calc Interface system are (1) Safe Management of your files. You are not using any of the operating system file management resources (system overhead) to sort, filter, tag or navigate to your directories and files!!! (2) Custom and specialized tagging of files of any type. For example, if you are a lyricist you might want to tag plain text, spreadsheet, PDF or even a C file with genre. This is "genrally" considered irrelevant by the operating system (3) Recording, analyzing and documenting the contents of your huge drives using the full power of Calc© for tables, charts and graphs. This can be for yourself and your associates for team work (4) Plannning, Monitoring and Control of your computer at your own pace without operating system resources breathing down your neck. (5) Using hyperlink feature of Calc© without actually having to bother about paths, directory trees and stuff. (6) All this can lead you to the overwhelming question of whether My Documents, My Pictures, Libraries, etc. are really relevant when anybody can design their own file access system with ordinary Calc© spreadsheets?

2012-11-29 23:30:53 UTC (over 9 years ago)
postings
contact

I don't really see any sense in managing your files on the computer in a calculation program... You could just make a filesystem search for .pdf and get all your PDF-files...

2012-11-30 02:45:40 UTC (over 9 years ago)
postings
contact

I don't really see any sense in managing your files on the computer in a calculation program... You could just make a filesystem search for .pdf and get all your PDF-files...

Calc, Excel, or Gnumeric are not mere "calculation programs" They are among the greatest ingenuity of Man after the lever! As a class they have "what if" the essence of ingenuity to better things. It is not only PDF files I am talking about but searching *.* of all drives in your system - AND then process the output. (sort - search filter etc ) and most importantly to document the files. A guy leaves the job after working with 40,000 pictures in Gimp native format, converted to .png, .jpeg, and OCR output related text and PDF and leaves OR after 3 years you find you need something you did a long time back. Microsoft Windows does not allow you to store search results. And furthermore .... wait a minute - I work with thousands and thousands of files and know exactly where they are and am happy. and that is what I shared - Let us not talk about sense and non sense.

NormanMDiaz
2022-03-23 15:58:27 UTC (2 months ago)

Hey buddies, there are different formats and management systems that you can use for your files. Here I will suggest the best platform https://masterbundles.com/templates/presentations/powerpoint/unique/ where you can find the templates at offer prices and which are reasonable to the maximum extent. In my recommendation, you must visit this website and have a look once.

KaliU
2022-04-09 20:25:15 UTC (about 1 month ago)

There are more than one software https://www.aproove.com/ on the market today that has enterprise resource planning software functions. I use management software helps to improve the productivity and efficiency of operations of enterprises of all sectors, more details on the website Aproove. This ERP software automates and manages all business processes, from sales management to finance.