RSS/Atom feed Twitter

New user direction

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

New user direction tonyaimer 12 Jul 13:25
  New user direction rich404 16 Jul 11:08
   New user direction tonyaimer 18 Jul 07:19
  New user direction JoeWalls 17 Jul 20:00
2022-07-12 13:25:35 UTC (28 days ago)
postings
contact

New user direction

I would appreciate some guidance on where I am going.

I need to make a Youtube creator icon for my upcoming channel.

I believe we can submit an 800x800 pixel picture which gets cropped by Youtube to a 98x98 pixel circle.

My channel will be about the collaborative design of a 1/6 scale English Electric Canberra ( B57A)

I thought a good icon would be a Canberra silhouette in black on a sky blue background and seeing the wingspan and length are almost the same I want to rotate the silhouette by 45 degrees so it would look better as a circle.

I was thinking of making a drawing in Autocad ( R10 or 2011 ) which I can export as dwg, dxf or pdf.

My photocopier could scan a drawing as a JPG or pdf.

What would the best way be to go here?

Tony

2022-07-16 11:08:21 UTC (24 days ago)
postings

New user direction

I would appreciate some guidance on where I am going.

I need to make a Youtube creator icon for my upcoming channel.

I believe we can submit an 800x800 pixel picture which gets cropped by Youtube to a 98x98 pixel circle.

My channel will be about the collaborative design of a 1/6 scale English Electric Canberra ( B57A)

I thought a good icon would be a Canberra silhouette in black on a sky blue background and seeing the wingspan and length are almost the same I want to rotate the silhouette by 45 degrees so it would look better as a circle.

I was thinking of making a drawing in Autocad ( R10 or 2011 ) which I can export as dwg, dxf or pdf.

My photocopier could scan a drawing as a JPG or pdf.

What would the best way be to go here?

Tony

You might have noticed that this forum is abandoned, mostly to spammers.

You are probably better if you can get your drawing in svg format. Seem to remember an experimental dxf plugin but that was long time ago.

Gimp will open a svg any size you want, 800x800 pix also 98x98 pix and that lets you see what the icon might look like. Remember scaling down makes pixelated images. No way out of that for a raster image.

Attached one to play with, a quicky from Inkscape. I know LibreCAD svg's import into Gimp, so AutoCAD probably ok. Two ways, open as an image or import the path from the paths dialogue.

My advice, ask on one of the regular active forums such as gimpchat.com

2022-07-17 20:00:01 UTC (23 days ago)
postings
contact

New user direction

With libmypaint it builds the mypaint brush tool https://bestdoctornearme.com/ which you need to enable in prefs -> playground. It's very experimenta

2022-07-18 07:19:50 UTC (22 days ago)
postings
contact

New user direction

You might have noticed that this forum is abandoned, mostly to spammers.

You are probably better if you can get your drawing in svg format. Seem to remember an experimental dxf plugin but that was long time ago.

Gimp will open a svg any size you want, 800x800 pix also 98x98 pix and that lets you see what the icon might look like. Remember scaling down makes pixelated images. No way out of that for a raster image.

Attached one to play with, a quicky from Inkscape. I know LibreCAD svg's import into Gimp, so AutoCAD probably ok. Two ways, open as an image or import the path from the paths dialogue.

My advice, ask on one of the regular active forums such as gimpchat.com

Will move over as you suggest

Tony