Last stable 2.6 release: 2.6.12 has arrived
There is one last bug fix release in the stable GIMP 2.6 series before the highly anticipated GIMP 2.8.
Lots of reported problems have been fixed:
Changes from 2.6.11 to 2.6.12:
These bugs were fixed:
- 627328 – GIMP 2.6.10 segfaults when CTRL-left click on a layer mask
- 631885 – GIMP fails to import a path from SVG
- 631728 – Crash or Gtk-CRITICAL on File→Open
- 641259 – [abrt] gimp-2:2.6.11-1.fc14: py-slice.py:172:slice:TypeError: integer argument expected, got float
- 640219 – gimp(1) manpage fixes
- 640612 – Sample Colorize does not function non-interactively
- 646947 – file-pdf-load: Don’t use deprecated API
- 639203 – file-psp: fix for bogus input data
- 639203 – Fixes for some buffer overflow problems
- 652280 – Guard against crash due to quitting while DND is processed
- 660305 – fails to build with -Werror=format-security
- 623045 – script-fu: make server IPv6 aware
and many more!
Also there have been several translation updates. Binary files are not yet available but will follow soon for sure. Meanwhile please stick with the source code we inlcuded in our downloads section
There is no other news on a release date but it is the most important thing for the developers to get GIMP 2.8 out as soon as possible!