RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Inability to copy image to clipboard

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Inability to copy image to clipboard Scruffymydog@aol.com 08 Aug 19:47
  Inability to copy image to clipboard Juliet Nimmo 08 Aug 21:35
   Inability to copy image to clipboard Joao S. O. Bueno 08 Aug 22:03
Inability to copy image to clipboard Michael Schumacher 08 Aug 22:21
Scruffymydog@aol.com
2003-08-08 19:47:44 UTC (over 20 years ago)

I have a .tif file in GIMP. I select the image (right click, select, all) and then I copy it to the clipboard (right click, edit, copy). In Microsoft Word, I paste the image (edit, paste). The previous contents of the clipboard gets copied, not the image. This is a recent problem - in the past I was able to do the above. I can copy from GIMP to GIMP, I can copy from Paint to Word, I can acquire a selected image from Paint into GIMP, and I can copy from Word to Word. This seems to confirm to me that the clipboard mechanism in my Windows installation seems to be working. Have any users encountered issues with copying to Windows? Should I handle this as a GIMP problem, or should I be contacting Microsoft for support of Windows?

Juliet Nimmo
2003-08-08 21:35:50 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Found in Word that if you go insert > picture > from file, then browse for your pic, it seems to work just fine. Try that.

-----Original Message----- From: gimp-user-bounces@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu [mailto:gimp-user-bounces@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Scruffymydog@aol.com
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 10:48 AM To: Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: [Gimp-user] Inability to copy image to clipboard

I have a .tif file in GIMP. I select the image (right click, select, all) and then I copy it to the clipboard (right click, edit, copy). In Microsoft Word, I paste the image (edit, paste). The previous contents of the clipboard gets copied, not the image. This is a recent problem - in the past I was able to do the above. I can copy from GIMP to GIMP, I can copy from Paint to Word, I can acquire a selected image from Paint into GIMP, and I can copy from Word to Word. This seems to confirm to me that the clipboard mechanism in my Windows installation seems to be working. Have any users encountered issues with copying to Windows? Should I handle this as a GIMP problem, or should I be contacting Microsoft for support of Windows?

Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-08-08 22:03:50 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Regardless of any workaround, if copy from the gimp is not pasting in other windows apps, that is a BUG and should be filed like so,

Please, go to http://bugzilla.gimp.org and you (Scruffymydog) can report it accuratley and quicly, so that it can be fixxed soon.

On Friday 08 August 2003 4:35 pm, Juliet Nimmo wrote:

Found in Word that if you go insert > picture > from file, then browse for your pic, it seems to work just fine. Try that.

-----Original Message----- From: gimp-user-bounces@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu [mailto:gimp-user-bounces@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Scruffymydog@aol.com
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 10:48 AM To: Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: [Gimp-user] Inability to copy image to clipboard

Michael Schumacher
2003-08-08 22:21:48 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Regardless of any workaround, if copy from the gimp is not pasting in other windows apps, that is a BUG and should be filed like so,

"Edit->Copy to clipboard" and "Edit->Paste from clipboard" should be used instead of Edit->Copy and Paste on Win32. The Ctrl+C and Ctrl+v shortcuts are assigned to the "wrong" options, but this can be changed easily.

HTH, Michael