RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

3D Script-Fu for Gimp?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

3D Script-Fu for Gimp? Sam Jones 04 Aug 19:27
  3D Script-Fu for Gimp? Nat 05 Aug 21:38
Sam Jones
2003-08-04 19:27:58 UTC (over 20 years ago)

3D Script-Fu for Gimp?

Hey,

Call me a blind trend follower, but I'm getting curious about 3D anaglyph (Latin for 'using those red-blue glasses') plugins for GIMP.

I figured out how to make anaglyphs by hand. You basically just have two layers, one red and one teal (green-blue). Set to multiply. Make one layer about 5% larger than the other, offset it, and you see a 3D image if you see it with anaglyph 3D glasses.

My first thought is that it'd be pretty easy to automate this task, and my second thought was that it was probably easy enough that someone has beaten me to it. So has anyone out there seen anaglyph 3D plugins?

Thanks,

Sam Jones

Nat
2003-08-05 21:38:01 UTC (over 20 years ago)

3D Script-Fu for Gimp?

Hi Sam,

Sam Jones - Monday 04 August 2003 19:27 - about [Gimp-user] 3D Script-Fu for Gimp?:

[snip]

My first thought is that it'd be pretty easy to automate this task, and my second thought was that it was probably easy enough that someone has beaten me to it. So has anyone out there seen anaglyph 3D plugins?

Yes, I've got one in my gimp scripts dir, it's called stereoscopic.scm. Unfortunately I can't remember where I downloaded it from. You could check registry.gimp.org/index.jsp

Or I could sent the script off list to your private e-mail address if you want.

Good luck,

Natalie