RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Grokking

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Grokking BandiPat 30 Jul 17:24
  Grokking Henrik Brix Andersen 30 Jul 17:44
BandiPat
2003-07-30 17:24:46 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Grokking

Gimp gurus,

I am curious as to how close the old "Grokking the GIMP" tutorial/manual is in working with the new 1.3.x version. I realize many things have changed since that was written, but really shouldn't be too much of a problem to adjust some of the instructions? At least I don't think it would. That's why I am asking you gurus that have done the manual before.

Also, will there be a new one for the 2.0 version soon to be released or will there be or is there now a manual or tutorial for the new one yet? I haven't done much with the Gimp earlier, but become more interested as the 2.0 nears completetion. The 1.3.17 looks very nice and is performing very well, so I think it may be time to get into a tutorial of some sort to learn more.

Thanks, Patrick

Henrik Brix Andersen
2003-07-30 17:44:21 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Grokking

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 17:24, BandiPat wrote:

Also, will there be a new one for the 2.0 version soon to be released or will there be or is there now a manual or tutorial for the new one yet? I haven't done much with the Gimp earlier, but become more interested as the 2.0 nears completetion. The 1.3.17 looks very nice and is performing very well, so I think it may be time to get into a tutorial of some sort to learn more.

For tutorials you could take a look the beta site http://mmmaybe.gimp.org/tutorials

./Brix