RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Primitive drawing in Gimp?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Primitive drawing in Gimp? tbaldridge@alertacademy.com 29 Jul 20:08
  Primitive drawing in Gimp? Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero 29 Jul 20:27
20030729190037.9ADEE104FF@l... 07 Oct 20:15
  Primitive drawing in Gimp? Michael J. Hammel 29 Jul 21:23
tbaldridge@alertacademy.com
2003-07-29 20:08:36 UTC (over 20 years ago)

I'm somewhat new to gimp (although not to computers). Is there any way to draw primitives (lines, squares, circles, etc.)? This would be very handy for creating some textures.

Timothy Baldridge

Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero
2003-07-29 20:27:56 UTC (over 20 years ago)

tbaldridge@alertacademy.com (2003-07-29 at 1308.36 -0500):

I'm somewhat new to gimp (although not to computers). Is there any way to draw primitives (lines, squares, circles, etc.)? This would be very handy for creating some textures.

You should start with a tutorial about lines, like http://www.gimp.org/~sjburges/straightline/straightline.html

Then apply the keys to rectangular and ellipse select tools (you will see Gimp likes to use some keys a lot), or find some other tutorials about selections, and fill the selections with the bucket.

Gimp is not a tool like other where you have circle or star or shape tools. You have to combine the tools, and sometimes filters, like GFig or Grid.

GSR

Michael J. Hammel
2003-07-29 21:23:26 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 14:00, Guillermo S. Romero wrote

Gimp is not a tool like other where you have circle or star or shape tools. You have to combine the tools, and sometimes filters, like GFig or Grid.

Or GFXShapes: http://www.graphics-muse.com/gfxmuse/gfxshapes.html I think this is easier to use than GFig, but I'm a bit biased. :-)