RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Font-Questions

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Font-Questions Florian Huber 24 Jul 22:16
  Font-Questions Sven Neumann 24 Jul 23:49
  Font-Questions Sven Neumann 26 Jul 11:34
Florian Huber
2003-07-24 22:16:36 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Font-Questions

Hello ML,
some fonts are not filled with an solid color, but have regular gradient patterns instead. (I could send a screenshot to the list, but maybe this problem is already known). These fonts are: Charter, Helvetica, Lucida, New Century Schoolbook etc. whereas other fonts like the BitStream-fonts are displayed correctly.

I also want to use the artwiz fonts in gimp. What do I have to change?

BTW: All fonts are displayed correctly in xfontsel. Which font-interface does gimp use? Xft and/or the xfree one?

These questions might have been already asked, but htdig seems to be misconfigured, so that I can'l search the archives.

TIA Florian Huber

My setup:
gentoo with
linux 2.6.0-test1
gcc 3.3
xfree 4.3.0
xft 2.1.0
gimp 1.3.16
no xfs (font server)

Sven Neumann
2003-07-24 23:49:10 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Font-Questions

Hi,

Florian Huber writes:

Which font-interface does gimp use? Xft and/or the xfree one?

What version of gimp do you use? Unless you specify that, we cannot answer a single one of your questions.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2003-07-26 11:34:42 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Font-Questions

Hi,

Florian Huber writes:

some fonts are not filled with an solid color, but have regular gradient patterns instead. (I could send a screenshot to the list, but maybe this problem is already known). These fonts are: Charter, Helvetica, Lucida, New Century Schoolbook etc. whereas other fonts like the BitStream-fonts are displayed correctly.

You are most probably not using the very latest PangoFT2. Please try again with GIMP-1.3.17; it now includes the code that used to live in PangoFT2.

I also want to use the artwiz fonts in gimp. What do I have to change?

BTW: All fonts are displayed correctly in xfontsel. Which font-interface does gimp use? Xft and/or the xfree one?

GIMP-1.3 doesn't use X11 to render fonts. It uses PangoFT2 which shares it's configuration with the Xft2 backend. Thus fonts are configured via fontconfig. Please read the man-page on fonts.conf that explains how to configure all this.

Sven