RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Panorama, panotools, ptools

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Panorama, panotools, ptools Robin Gilks 24 Jul 13:13
  Panorama, panotools, ptools Joao S. O. Bueno 24 Jul 14:37
  Panorama, panotools, ptools Bruno Postle 24 Jul 15:30
Robin Gilks
2003-07-24 13:13:58 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Greetings

Take your pick of the flavour of plugin from the above - whatever its called I can't find any basic instruction on how to use it with the gimp.

Is there a really simple starter documented somewhere that doesn't immediately wander off into the Windows PhotoShop version of the plugin and actually has stuff in it that relates to the gimp?

All I want to do is quickly and simply stick a few pix together with a bit more style than printing and then using Sellotape :-))

A tutorial that doesn't launch straight into the positioning of controlpoints would be really good - can't find them documented anywhere either!

Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-07-24 14:37:40 UTC (over 20 years ago)

While there is possibly no pluign to make this automatically - i.e. finding parts of one image that matches in the other image, the GIMP interface gives you the possiblity to make this in a pretty straightforward way:

1- open the images you want to join; 2 - create a new image, with a large enough size to handle the image syou want to put together. 3 - drag each image, picking it's thumbnail on the layers dialog box to the newly created image - they will show up as independet layers there;
4 - drag the images around on the larger image. Give them some transparency while draging to make parts of the images match with others bellow them.

Robin Gilks wrote:

Greetings

Take your pick of the flavour of plugin from the above - whatever its called I can't find any basic instruction on how to use it with the gimp.

Is there a really simple starter documented somewhere that doesn't immediately wander off into the Windows PhotoShop version of the plugin and actually has stuff in it that relates to the gimp?

All I want to do is quickly and simply stick a few pix together with a bit more style than printing and then using Sellotape :-))

A tutorial that doesn't launch straight into the positioning of controlpoints would be really good - can't find them documented anywhere either!

Bruno Postle
2003-07-24 15:30:53 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Thu 24-Jul-2003 at 11:13:58PM +1200, Robin Gilks wrote:

The panorama tools gimp plug-in is probably not what you need. There are a couple of other simpler gimp plug-ins that do panoramas:

Pandora http://www.shallowsky.com/software/pandora/

phfluuh http://www.acc.umu.se/~janlert/phfluuh/

Hugin is a panorama stitcher gui tool that is developing fast and is very nearly usable; it should be relatively easy to use, though it *will* involve picking control points:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/