RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp 1.3.16 + Wacom Tablet

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp 1.3.16 + Wacom Tablet M-A Loyer 24 Jul 02:35
  Gimp 1.3.16 + Wacom Tablet pascalou 24 Jul 09:17
   Gimp 1.3.16 + Wacom Tablet Sven Neumann 24 Jul 11:04
   Gimp 1.3.16 + Wacom Tablet Sven Neumann 24 Jul 11:12
    Gimp 1.3.16 + Wacom Tablet Sven Neumann 24 Jul 11:26
   Gimp 1.3.16 + Wacom Tablet Jakub Steiner 24 Jul 14:44
    Gimp 1.3.16 + Wacom Tablet pascalou 24 Jul 14:25
  Gimp 1.3.16 + Wacom Tablet Sven Neumann 24 Jul 11:08
M-A Loyer
2003-07-24 02:35:39 UTC (over 20 years ago)

I recently tryed The Gimp 1.3.16 and loved that the new interface. I've started using this version for my everyday needs in graphics manipulation.

But I have a problem with this version, my Wacom Graphire 2 tablet is not detected...

I've seen that the Input device Dialog as been moved in the preferences but when I try to "Configure Input Devices" it always say "No Input Devices".

Does the tablet support has been disabled in 1.3.16 ?

After reading the past posts in the mailing list I've seen that not having compiled xinput in GTK2 could be the problem. I verified and recompiled GTK2 with the xinput support, but Gimp still can't detect my input device.

Can anyone help me on this problem?

Thanks,

M-A Loyer fox1337@sympatico.ca

pascalou
2003-07-24 09:17:49 UTC (over 20 years ago)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1

Le Jeudi 24 Juillet 2003 02:35, M-A Loyer a écrit :

I recently tryed The Gimp 1.3.16 and loved that the new interface. I've started using this version for my everyday needs in graphics manipulation.

But I have a problem with this version, my Wacom Graphire 2 tablet is not detected...

I've seen that the Input device Dialog as been moved in the preferences but when I try to "Configure Input Devices" it always say "No Input Devices".

After reading the past posts in the mailing list I've seen that not having compiled xinput in GTK2 could be the problem. I verified and recompiled GTK2 with the xinput support, but Gimp still can't detect my input device.

Can anyone help me on this problem?

Thanks,

M-A Loyer fox1337@sympatico.ca

_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

hello,

Same for me with : Mandrake cooker version = gimp1_3-1.3.16-3mdk if scanners are intended as an imput device ? I cannot find it
I try to work around with new xsane ... no success.

I have no tablet ...

anyway : nice interface and tools a small difficulty for me with the tool "color rotation" it seem to have some times bad arrow's refresh. does any body have the same ?

-

Sven Neumann
2003-07-24 11:04:51 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

No, but most probably you did not compile gtk+-2.2 with xinput support. You need to pass --with-xinput=xfree to the gtk+ configure script. You always needed to do that, even with gtk+-1.x. Please make also sure that you use at least gtk+ version 2.2.2 since earlier version have buggy xinput support.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2003-07-24 11:08:06 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

M-A Loyer writes:

Did you verify that gimp links against the version of gtk+-2.2 with xinput enabled. Please run "ldd `which gimp-1.3`" and check the gtk+ libraries.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2003-07-24 11:12:17 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

pascalou writes:

Same for me with : Mandrake cooker version = gimp1_3-1.3.16-3mdk if scanners are intended as an imput device ?

No, scanners are handled completely from tablets.

I cannot find it
I try to work around with new xsane ... no success.

As far as I know xsane hasn't been ported to gimp-1.3 yet. But I heard that xscanimage from the sane package works with 1.3. It's not as comfortable as xsane but it should at least allow you to use the scanner.

anyway : nice interface and tools a small difficulty for me with the tool "color rotation" it seem to have some times bad arrow's refresh.

Could you file a bug-report for this problem with detailed instructions on how to reproduce it?

Sven

Sven Neumann
2003-07-24 11:26:25 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

Sven Neumann writes:

No, scanners are handled completely from tablets.

There is "different" missing in the sentence above. You will know where to insert it...

Sven

pascalou
2003-07-24 14:25:32 UTC (over 20 years ago)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1

Le Jeudi 24 Juillet 2003 14:44, Jakub Steiner a écrit :

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 09:17, pascalou wrote:

a small difficulty for me with the tool "color rotation" it seem to have some times bad arrow's refresh. does any body have the same ?

I filed that as bug #118177

cheers

ok
-

Jakub Steiner
2003-07-24 14:44:27 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 09:17, pascalou wrote:

a small difficulty for me with the tool "color rotation" it seem to have some times bad arrow's refresh. does any body have the same ?

I filed that as bug #118177

cheers