RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Crop and register marks

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Crop and register marks Joao S. O. Bueno 21 Jul 06:45
  Crop and register marks John Culleton 22 Jul 18:17
   Crop and register marks Joao S. O. Bueno 22 Jul 14:34
Crop and register marks Carol Spears 21 Jul 19:57
  Crop and register marks Raymond Ostertag 21 Jul 20:42
Crop and register marks Carol Spears 21 Jul 22:28
Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-07-21 06:45:49 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Crop and register marks

I am working on a python-fu script to add crop and register printing marks to the GIMP images.

Not pratical - it have to be run manually before printing, and the marks have to be cropped out if one is going to scale the image further afterwards (last the cropmarks get out of proportion).

There are some finishing touches I'd like to insert before puutting a definitive version online somewere.

However, I remeber I had read someone aking for such a plugina while ago - I do not remember if here or on Usenet. I f one is in NEED for that, the script is already usable, and I'd invite the itnerested parties to contact me in order for they to test the marks I am adding - and startin using it themselves.

Needs gimp python, and is working in gimp 1.2.x .

JS ->

Carol Spears
2003-07-21 19:57:05 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Crop and register marks

Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

I am working on a python-fu script to add crop and register printing marks to the GIMP images.

Not pratical - it have to be run manually before printing, and the marks have to be cropped out if one is going to scale the image further afterwards (last the cropmarks get out of proportion).

There are some finishing touches I'd like to insert before puutting a definitive version online somewere.

However, I remeber I had read someone aking for such a plugina while ago - I do not remember if here or on Usenet. I f one is in NEED for that, the script is already usable, and I'd invite the itnerested parties to contact me in order for they to test the marks I am adding - and startin using it themselves.

JS ->

this looks pretty cool.

it would be nice to have a place to put scripts that are not yet ready for the new user, but still ready for more seasoned script writers somewhere that we all have access to.

i have a few scripts i would like to share, but that are not in shape to put on the registry.

i am wondering if there are other half perfect yet usable scripts out there?

carol

Raymond Ostertag
2003-07-21 20:42:16 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Crop and register marks

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:57:05 -0400 Carol Spears wrote:

it would be nice to have a place to put scripts that are not yet ready for the new user, but still ready for more seasoned script writers somewhere that we all have access to.

i have a few scripts i would like to share, but that are not in shape to put on the registry.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/script-fu/messages/ Here there is a place for experimental scripts

@+ Raymond

Carol Spears
2003-07-21 22:28:09 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Crop and register marks

Raymond Ostertag wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:57:05 -0400 Carol Spears wrote:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/script-fu/messages/ Here there is a place for experimental scripts

@+ Raymond

this is a beautiful collection. thank you.

i tried to set up a yahoo account so that my favorite developers could easily look at stuff there, it was fairly hard to do.

carol

Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-07-22 14:34:32 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Crop and register marks

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 1:17 pm, John Culleton wrote:

If you have crop marks in the rest of the book then the Gimp image can be inserted on a blank page and let the typesetting software do the crop marks. That is how I would do it. It's simple and foolproof.

The printers I work with generally don't require crop marks anyhow.

I am well aware of that. But, for instance, were I do work, when all we need is one color, we go through no third party printer, and make our own stuff. With this script, I will not need to run the image on, for instance, corel draw.

And eventually, one day, the Gimp shall become a software used by the printers themselves. When this day comes, the crop, register, density, and other marks have to be in place.

JS ->

John Culleton
2003-07-22 18:17:31 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Crop and register marks

On Monday 21 July 2003 00:45, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

JS ->

If you have crop marks in the rest of the book then the Gimp image can be inserted on a blank page and let the typesetting software do the crop marks. That is how I would do it. It's simple and foolproof.

The printers I work with generally don't require crop marks anyhow.