RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

yet another install problem

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

yet another install problem bright.1@virgin.net 19 Jul 17:35
yet another install problem Carol Spears 19 Jul 19:30
bright.1@virgin.net
2003-07-19 17:35:45 UTC (over 20 years ago)

OK. I am having serious trouble when trying to install gimp-1.2.5.tar.gz

This is what I get at the end of the 'make' procedure.

creating script-fu
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/david/gimp-1.2.5/plug-ins/script-fu' make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/david/gimp-1.2.5/plug-ins/script-fu' Making all in perl
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/david/gimp-1.2.5/plug-ins/perl' make[3]: *** No rule to make target `all'. Stop. make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/david/gimp-1.2.5/plug-ins/perl' make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/david/gimp-1.2.5/plug-ins' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/david/gimp-1.2.5' make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

What does 'all recursive error' mean? Apart form something being wrong.

In addition I cannot get a requirement to install. The requirement is perl-pdl. I've downloaded it. this is the file perl-PDL-2.4.0-2mdk.i586.rpm. But when installing it complains about a series of perl files.

error: failed dependencies:
perl(ExtUtils::MakeMaker) is needed by perl-PDL-2.4.0-2mdk perl(File::Basename) is needed by perl-PDL-2.4.0-2mdk perl(Getopt::Std) is needed by perl-PDL-2.4.0-2mdk perl(strict) is needed by perl-PDL-2.4.0-2mdk perl(vars) is needed by perl-PDL-2.4.0-2mdk

I've tried using cpan to download the files. But perl-pdl still will not install../a recursive failed dependencies loop/...I fear.

I must admit I'm getting a little sick of running into problems just trying to update my version of gimp. So if anyone has any idea what is happening please let us know.

cheers

Carol Spears
2003-07-19 19:30:05 UTC (over 20 years ago)

bright.1@virgin.net wrote:

OK. I am having serious trouble when trying to install gimp-1.2.5.tar.gz

This is what I get at the end of the 'make' procedure.

creating script-fu
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/david/gimp-1.2.5/plug-ins/script-fu' make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/david/gimp-1.2.5/plug-ins/script-fu' Making all in perl
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/david/gimp-1.2.5/plug-ins/perl' make[3]: *** No rule to make target `all'. Stop. make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/david/gimp-1.2.5/plug-ins/perl' make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/david/gimp-1.2.5/plug-ins' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/david/gimp-1.2.5' make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

What does 'all recursive error' mean? Apart form something being wrong.

In addition I cannot get a requirement to install. The requirement is perl-pdl. I've downloaded it. this is the file perl-PDL-2.4.0-2mdk.i586.rpm. But when installing it complains about a series of perl files.

error: failed dependencies:
perl(ExtUtils::MakeMaker) is needed by perl-PDL-2.4.0-2mdk perl(File::Basename) is needed by perl-PDL-2.4.0-2mdk perl(Getopt::Std) is needed by perl-PDL-2.4.0-2mdk perl(strict) is needed by perl-PDL-2.4.0-2mdk perl(vars) is needed by perl-PDL-2.4.0-2mdk

I've tried using cpan to download the files. But perl-pdl still will not install../a recursive failed dependencies loop/...I fear.

I must admit I'm getting a little sick of running into problems just trying to update my version of gimp. So if anyone has any idea what is happening please let us know.

Hi,

You should be able to build this gimp if you configure it without perl. I type "./configure --help" to find these magical configuration flags.

I wish I could help you to install perl properly. I think I am having some problems with my Debian Sarge perl and gimp. I am getting an error about threading being enabled and this implying that I am smart enough to know how to fix it. When I get a chance, I am going to try to work through it. I cannot even get to my photos right now, however ....

carol