RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

xaos and gimp animation

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

xaos and gimp animation sam ende 16 Jul 13:00
  xaos and gimp animation Sven Neumann 16 Jul 14:08
   xaos and gimp animation Marc) (A.) (Lehmann 16 Jul 22:13
    xaos and gimp animation sam ende 16 Jul 23:21
  xaos and gimp animation Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero 16 Jul 16:32
sam ende
2003-07-16 13:00:02 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

xaos and gimp animation

xaos renders it's animations in png format, gimps mpeg encoder can't read png format though. all the rendered files are individual (up many hundreds) and i want to do post work on them in gimp and put them together with other types of animations i have made . eventually at some point i'll probably move onto film gimp but at the minute gimp can still handle to bits and pieces i'm doing. i need a script to convert x amount of png files into a single xcf file, is that possible ? also xaos outputs three types of file, png (raw image i think) and png.b and png.p, how important are these and do i need them in gimp ?

if i convert some finished animations (bits of) into mpeg fromat (under gimp) will i still be able to modify them ?

atm i can only view the png files by doing this command;'mplayer -fs -mf "on:fps=5:type=png" "*.png"

which isn't ideal, i would like to work with these files and obvioulsy opening them one by one in gimp is considering the amount niegh impossible.

are there any docs/sites where i can look up questions like this ?

sammi

Sven Neumann
2003-07-16 14:08:05 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

xaos and gimp animation

Hi,

sam ende writes:

xaos renders it's animations in png format, gimps mpeg encoder can't read png format though. all the rendered files are individual (up many hundreds) and i want to do post work on them in gimp and put them together with other types of animations i have made .

You can use ImageMagick to create an animation from your sequence of PNG images. Perhaps GAP can then read this animation, I'm not sure.

i need a script to convert x amount of png files into a single xcf file, is that possible ?

Writing that script in Script-Fu or Gimp-Perl should be trivial.

Sven

Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero
2003-07-16 16:32:37 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

xaos and gimp animation

sam@sende.freeserve.co.uk (2003-07-16 at 1200.02 +0100):

minute gimp can still handle to bits and pieces i'm doing. i need a script to convert x amount of png files into a single xcf file, is that possible ? also xaos outputs three types of file, png (raw image i think)

You should try GAP's filters. Make sure your sequence has a naming scheme like foo_0001.png, foo_0002.png, etc and then use Frames to Image to put all the files as layers of a new one.

In worst case, you will have to use a shell script to rename your files to something GAP likes.

which isn't ideal, i would like to work with these files and obvioulsy opening them one by one in gimp is considering the amount niegh impossible.

GAP has a navigator and lets you apply a filter multiple times. Maybe you do not have to load all the image into a XCF. Really, you should give GAP a try, it sounds like want you want. That, and read mencoder and ImageMagick's docs more, for small editing and compression you should have enough.

GSR

Marc) (A.) (Lehmann
2003-07-16 22:13:22 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

xaos and gimp animation

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 02:08:05PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

i need a script to convert x amount of png files into a single xcf file, is that possible ?

Writing that script in Script-Fu or Gimp-Perl should be trivial.

It might also work to just use a current version of imagemagick and do:

convert *.png anim.xcf

(maybe add some other switches to set fps etc.) or use another format instead of .xcf and convetr it to xcf by load/save within the gimp.

sam ende
2003-07-16 23:21:29 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

xaos and gimp animation

On Wednesday 16 Jul 2003 21:13, pcg@goof.com ( Marc) (A.) (Lehmann )

(maybe add some other switches to set fps etc.) or use another format instead of .xcf and convetr it to xcf by load/save within the gimp.

thank you, i have had many tips now and have to try them all out, including scripting (eeek :)

sammi