RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Clone tool and others.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Clone tool and others. Mogens Jæger 10 Jul 16:13
  Clone tool and others. BandiPat 11 Jul 05:59
   Clone tool and others. Mogens Jæger 11 Jul 14:58
Mogens Jæger
2003-07-10 16:13:29 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Clone tool and others.

Hello

I have been upgrading my Linux to a Suse 8.2, and the Gimp version they are delivering is 4.2. Now my clone toole do not work any more. I have then downloaded the newest 4.2.5 compiled it - and it tells me, that the perl-PDL is not working, but it is not used any more so remove it???????????
When I try to install the perl-PDL from my Suse dist. I get a lot of dependencies missings, and they are not delivered with the dist. Where do I wrong/what is missing in my system to make the tool work - I really miss it!

Please help
Mogens Jæger

BandiPat
2003-07-11 05:59:30 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Clone tool and others.

On Thursday 10 July 2003 10:13 am, Mogens Jæger wrote:

Hello

I have been upgrading my Linux to a Suse 8.2, and the Gimp version they are delivering is 4.2. Now my clone toole do not work any more. I have then downloaded the newest 4.2.5 compiled it - and it tells me, that the perl-PDL is not working, but it is not used any more so remove it???????????
When I try to install the perl-PDL from my Suse dist. I get a lot of dependencies missings, and they are not delivered with the dist. Where do I wrong/what is missing in my system to make the tool work - I really miss it!

Please help
Mogens Jæger

==============

Morgens,
It may be that all it needs is the -devel files to finish compiling. If you have 8.2 Pro, install all your Gnome2 files along with all the -devel files and the compile should go well. The Gimp supplied on the SuSE discs is 1.2.3, not 4.2 as you mentioned. I believe that might be the version of gimp printers, don't remember now.

Patrick

Mogens Jæger
2003-07-11 14:58:44 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Clone tool and others.

BandiPat wrote:

On Thursday 10 July 2003 10:13 am, Mogens Jæger wrote:

Hello

Please help
Mogens Jæger

==============

Morgens,
It may be that all it needs is the -devel files to finish compiling. If you have 8.2 Pro, install all your Gnome2 files along with all the -devel files and the compile should go well. The Gimp supplied on the SuSE discs is 1.2.3, not 4.2 as you mentioned. I believe that might be the version of gimp printers, don't remember now.

Patrick

Yes - sorry for having them mixed up. The version numbers are 1.2.5. And I have learned some new about using the Gimp - layers. First I found out, that the tools worked on some of my older pictures, so I started to investigate where the difference was. I have not come so far in my work with the Gimp, that I have been using the layers, so why the pictures in question were placed as 'background' I don't know - but they were. After having flatened the pictures, everything works. Sorry for the false alarm - and I guess I must be studying the layers.

Mogens Jæger