RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp-ace plug-in halts during "./configure"

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

20030625001246.EE12510192@l... 07 Oct 20:15
  gimp-ace plug-in halts during "./configure" Edward Perkins 27 Jun 16:17
   gimp-ace plug-in halts during "./configure" Nat 28 Jun 09:26
   gimp-ace plug-in halts during "./configure" Sven Neumann 30 Jun 14:15
20030630231639.60DC71025C@l... 07 Oct 20:15
  gimp-ace plug-in halts during "./configure" Edward Perkins 02 Jul 13:56
   gimp-ace plug-in halts during "./configure" Manish Singh 02 Jul 17:17
   gimp-ace plug-in halts during "./configure" Sven Neumann 02 Jul 17:26
Edward Perkins
2003-06-27 16:17:48 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Hello List,
I am attempting to install the "gimp-ace" (adaptive contrast enhancement) plug-in and upon invoking "./configure" I receive the following error message that halts the configure process:

checking for GIMP - version >= 1.1.24... no *** Could not run GIMP test program, checking why... *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GIMP was incorrectly installed
*** or that you have moved GIMP since it was installed. In the latter case, you
*** may want to edit the gimptool script: /usr/bin/gimptool configure: error: Cannot find GIMP: Is gimptool in path?

I looked at the config.log file but it gave essentially the same information. I am attempting to perform this on a very recent clean install of Linux SuSE 8.2. I do not think that any of the possible problems offered in the error message are "the problem" as I have not moved gimp and in the last 24 hours I have installed several other gimp plug-ins both of the type requiring: ./configure....make....make install, and some that implement the various options of the gimptool with no problems.

Thank you for any Help,

Zaug

Nat
2003-06-28 09:26:58 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

On Friday 27 June 2003 16:17, Edward Perkins wrote:

Hello List,
I am attempting to install the "gimp-ace" (adaptive contrast enhancement) plug-in and upon invoking "./configure" I receive the following error message that halts the configure process:

checking for GIMP - version >= 1.1.24... no *** Could not run GIMP test program, checking why...

I encountered something similar with another plug-in, the solution was to run configure with the gimp-test disabled:

./configure --disable-gimptest

[snip]

Good luck,

Natalie

Sven Neumann
2003-06-30 14:15:36 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

Edward Perkins writes:

Hello List, I am attempting to install the "gimp-ace" (adaptive contrast enhancement) plug-in and upon invoking "./configure" I receive the following error message that halts the configure process:

checking for GIMP - version >= 1.1.24... no *** Could not run GIMP test program, checking why... *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GIMP was incorrectly installed
*** or that you have moved GIMP since it was installed. In the latter case, you
*** may want to edit the gimptool script: /usr/bin/gimptool configure: error: Cannot find GIMP: Is gimptool in path?

So, is gimptool in your path or not? That is, can you run 'gimptool --version' ?

Sven

Edward Perkins
2003-07-02 13:56:31 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Sven Neumann writes:

So, is gimptool in your path or not? That is, can you run 'gimptool --version' ?

Sven
------------------------------

Yes. And as I said, I have installed several other gimp plug-ins both of the type requiring: ./configure....make....make install, and some that implement the various options of the gimptool with no problems.

Zaug

Manish Singh
2003-07-02 17:17:54 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 06:56:31AM -0500, Edward Perkins wrote:

Sven Neumann writes:

Sven
------------------------------

Yes. And as I said, I have installed several other gimp plug-ins both of the type requiring: ./configure....make....make install, and some that implement the various options of the gimptool with no problems.

The configure script in that tarball is broken. Try:

http://www.yosh.org/gimp-ace-0.6.41-fixed.tar.gz

-Yosh

Sven Neumann
2003-07-02 17:26:09 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

Edward Perkins writes:

OK. It's then time to examine config.log to find out what exactly failed.

Sven