RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Installing gimp with libraries in a non-standard place

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Installing gimp with libraries in a non-standard place Gebhart, Mark A 23 Jun 21:48
  Installing gimp with libraries in a non-standard place Sven Neumann 24 Jun 02:07
Gebhart, Mark A
2003-06-23 21:48:34 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Hi,

I am trying to install gimp-1.0.4 and when I run the configure script I get warning saying that the:
aa
mpeg
xpm
png
jpeg
plugins will not be built because it can not find the associated .h files. On my system these files are installed under /opt/sfw/include. Anyone know if there is a way to get configure to look somewhere else beside the standard places. I have tried different flags but have had no luck with --includedir=/opt/sfw or --with-incs-from=/opt/sfw.

Thanks in advance, Mark

Sven Neumann
2003-06-24 02:07:08 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Hi,

"Gebhart, Mark A" writes:

I am trying to install gimp-1.0.4

GIMP-1.0.4 is horribly outdated and unmaintained for a long time. You should be using GIMP-1.2.5.

and when I run the configure script I get warning saying that the:
aa
mpeg
xpm
png
jpeg
plugins will not be built because it can not find the associated .h files. On my system these files are installed under /opt/sfw/include. Anyone know if there is a way to get configure to look somewhere else beside the standard places.

You need to set CPPFLAGS environment variable as described in the file INSTALL.

Sven