RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

[redhat] Re: the gimp wiki

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

the gimp wiki Carol Spears 20 Jun 14:55
  the gimp wiki Geoffrey 20 Jun 17:27
   the gimp wiki Gene Heskett 20 Jun 18:11
    [redhat] Re: the gimp wiki Dee Dreslough 20 Jun 18:54
the gimp wiki Luc Novalès 20 Jun 18:29
Carol Spears
2003-06-20 14:55:48 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

the gimp wiki

i love TheGIMP, i will continue to be an avid user, but i seem very very ineffective as a gimp dot org person.

i am thinking that if i stop presuming to have anything to say or any good ideas, someone who can better suit the developers needs can step into this, eh, position.

i will even unsubscribe from this list, as i do not want to cause the same disasters that i have to the new person/people.

it is a very difficult day when you look inside and realize that you are the only thing wrong with the development of your favorite application.

i have learned a lot from this list. i hope that you can find a way to express all of your needs and ideas. thank you for sharing your knowledge and opinions on this list.

you should have some pride, and find a way to voice them where everyone can read it and think about it on their own.

also, don't do it the way i did.

carol

Geoffrey
2003-06-20 17:27:48 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

the gimp wiki

Carol Spears wrote:

i love TheGIMP, i will continue to be an avid user, but i seem very very ineffective as a gimp dot org person.

i am thinking that if i stop presuming to have anything to say or any good ideas, someone who can better suit the developers needs can step into this, eh, position.

i will even unsubscribe from this list, as i do not want to cause the same disasters that i have to the new person/people.

Woah now. Where did this come from? Did I miss something? Personally, I've found your (Carol's) postings to the list quite helpful at times. I would think it would be a great loss to not have her on the list.

Again, did I miss something???

Gene Heskett
2003-06-20 18:11:38 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

the gimp wiki

On Friday 20 June 2003 11:27, Geoffrey wrote:

Carol Spears wrote:

Woah now. Where did this come from? Did I miss something? Personally, I've found your (Carol's) postings to the list quite helpful at times. I would think it would be a great loss to not have her on the list.

Again, did I miss something???

As another relative newcomer to the list, I'll echo those sentiments.

Luc Novalès
2003-06-20 18:29:59 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

the gimp wiki

Carol Spears a écrit:

it is a very difficult day when you look inside and realize that you are the only thing wrong with the development of your favorite application.

i have learned a lot from this list. i hope that you can find a way to express all of your needs and ideas. thank you for sharing your knowledge and opinions on this list.

you should have some pride, and find a way to voice them where everyone can read it and think about it on their own.

also, don't do it the way i did.

carol

Is it a hoax ?
I listen this list for a moment to pick some information, and I find your posts interesting and helpfull. I think too, that it should be a loss to not have Carol ont this list Luc.

Dee Dreslough
2003-06-20 18:54:52 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

[redhat] Re: the gimp wiki

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 11:11, Gene Heskett wrote:

As another relative newcomer to the list, I'll echo those sentiments.

Ditto here too! I just joined, and then saw that message and was concerned...Carol, did somebody hassle you about your efforts to set up a Wiki for Gimp? You sounded very upset in your letter.

I took a look at the Wiki. Looks neat! I would recommend ignoring the critics of your project for now -- I think the Wiki is a good idea since it makes it so easy for people to add their own hints and tips. It's not replacing or blocking any pre-existing tutorials to my knowledge, so I don't see why anyone would complain...but, who knows? There are some crazy types out there in Cyberland. Disasters for new users? *blinks* It's a graphics program...not a plane's autopilot program (although, with scripting...who knows...?). I have trouble imagining anything worse than someone closing their picture without saving their work happening. If that's a disaster in their lives...well, I envy 'em. If that was the worst thing to happen to me in a day, I'd be psyched. ;)

I don't really know you yet...I've only been on this list for a week or so, but I can already tell that you really care about Gimp and want it to succeed. So, I for one would like you stay aboard. And, "Don't let the turkeys get you down" as they say. :) *hugs*

-Dee
www.dreslough.com