RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

wiki.gimp.org

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

wiki.gimp.org Carol Spears 16 Jun 03:28
Carol Spears
2003-06-16 03:28:24 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

wiki.gimp.org

there is a wiki. please, don't let me make it alone again.

the first thing that i am going to do is put up a FAQ, or a spot for it.

it is moinmoin wiki, and i opted for moin moin because it wasn't as developed and ready to go as many of them. it seems to me that perl works better when it is rewritten in python. and, people don't complain so much when asked for python help, and i don't blame them.

also, any minute now, mmmaybe will turn into www. i don't really care to hear about how good or bad it is. i would rather start working on the new site. the wiki should be good for this!

please, start making user sections and galleries. when i got involved with gimp, it was a small small community, and it was easy (too easy) to keep an eye on everything. this just isn't so anymore.

i have been surprised, as a total total user (i really know computers starting with TheGIMP) how much i showed the developers. Please show me here on the wiki, I look at changes *alot*, and help us to build the wiki itself with your ideas and or better yet plug-ins. Would be cool if they were GIMP and wiki plugins also, wikis and blogs lack images, imo.

also, i am going to slap a creative commons share and share alike license on there, well, gnu documentation for the gimp-help, of course. well, just be sure to click on the license when i get it there and tell me if if will work for you.

i need to be careful about babbling on right now. please take your ideas, and your art and your SCREAMS and whatever you have to the gimp wiki. i will read it.

carol carol@gimp.org