RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

PSD saving problem

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

PSD saving problem Fabien3D 14 Jun 16:15
  PSD saving problem Sven Neumann 14 Jun 16:20
  PSD saving problem Fabien3D 16 Jun 11:37
Fabien3D
2003-06-14 16:15:52 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

PSD saving problem

I've got a very huge XCF file (130 Mo), with multiple layers, and I'd like to convert it to a PSD file, but the plug-in always warns me about a gmem module (as far as I can remember). I thought it was a WinXP problem, but the same error message appears on a Win98SE platform. Is there any other way to convert an XCF file to PSD ?
I use the 1.2.3 release.

Sven Neumann
2003-06-14 16:20:33 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

PSD saving problem

Hi,

Fabien3D writes:

I've got a very huge XCF file (130 Mo), with multiple layers, and I'd like to convert it to a PSD file, but the plug-in always warns me about a gmem module (as far as I can remember). I thought it was a WinXP problem, but the same error message appears on a Win98SE platform. Is there any other way to convert an XCF file to PSD ? I use the 1.2.3 release.

If you could give a more detailed description of the error messages you get, we might perhaps be able to help you.

Sven

Fabien3D
2003-06-16 11:37:22 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

PSD saving problem

Le Samedi 14 Juin 2003 16:15, Fabien3D a écrit : I still have my export problem to PSD format. This is the translation of the error messages I got when trying to save the PSD file : --
psd_save.exe(pid:1780)!GLib-ERROR **: gmem.c:141:g_malloc(): failed to allocate 33579648 bytes
aborting...
--
Microsoft Visual C++ - Runtime library

Runtime Error !

Program : D\Logiciels\GIMP\lib\gimp\1.2\plug-ins\psd-save.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's
support team for more information.
--
Translation from french :
The plug-in has failed : "psd_save.exe" (D\Logiciels\GIMP\lib\gimp\1.2\plug-ins\psd-save.exe)

The plug-in may have corrupted The GIMP. You should save your images and restart Teh GIMP
to be sure of its stability.
--
Saving operation failed.
I:\BD\Planche1.psd.
--

I've got a very huge XCF file (130 Mo), with multiple layers, and I'd like to convert it to a PSD file, but the plug-in always warns me about a gmem module (as far as I can remember). I thought it was a WinXP problem, but the same error message appears on a Win98SE platform. Is there any other way to convert an XCF file to PSD ?
I use the 1.2.3 release.