RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Q: How to force gimp on a certain Gnome-workspace?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Q: How to force gimp on a certain Gnome-workspace? Mirco Müller 12 Jun 05:24
  Q: How to force gimp on a certain Gnome-workspace? Sven Neumann 12 Jun 11:55
   Q: How to force gimp on a certain Gnome-workspace? zeus 12 Jun 14:39
Mirco Müller
2003-06-12 05:24:00 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Greetings everybody!

I was just wondering if it is possible to have gimp (1.3.15) start/open on a certain Gnome-workspace I set up. I have two workspaces in my current Gnome environment. One is called "Main" and the other "Gimp". Now I want to force gimp to workspace "Gimp" when I start it from the foot-menu (no matter if the currently active workspace is "Main" or "Gimp"). Is this possible? Or do I have to write a dedicated startup-script in order to accomplish this? I've searched with google for some time now. All the info I was able to find on the recent Gnome 2.x desktop didn't help in regards to this issue.

Furthermore reading through the sourcecode of whatever module would be responsible for this isn't exactely the kind of thing I want to do right now. So, sorry for being that "lazy" :)

Thanks in advance for you time and kind advice!

Best regards...

Mirco "MacSlow" Müller

Sven Neumann
2003-06-12 11:55:02 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Hi,

Mirco Müller writes:

I was just wondering if it is possible to have gimp (1.3.15) start/open on a certain Gnome-workspace I set up. I have two workspaces in my current Gnome environment. One is called "Main" and the other "Gimp". Now I want to force gimp to workspace "Gimp" when I start it from the foot-menu (no matter if the currently active workspace is "Main" or "Gimp"). Is this possible? Or do I have to write a dedicated startup-script in order to accomplish this? I've searched with google for some time now. All the info I was able to find on the recent Gnome 2.x desktop didn't help in regards to this issue.

This is not GIMP related at all, GIMP can not even do this since it doesn't know about workspaces. Workspaces are handled by the window manager, the application doesn't see them. If you use a featureful window manager such as for example Sawfish you can configure it to match GIMP windows and make them appear on a certain workspace.

Sven

zeus
2003-06-12 14:39:08 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

On Kam, 2003-06-12 at 16:55, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Mirco Müller writes:

This is not GIMP related at all, GIMP can not even do this since it doesn't know about workspaces. Workspaces are handled by the window manager, the application doesn't see them. If you use a featureful window manager such as for example Sawfish you can configure it to match GIMP windows and make them appear on a certain workspace.

Sven

Yes, it's true.
If your window manager is Metacity. You might want to try Devilspie. Devilspie let you manage apps on certain desktops.

http://www.burtonini.com/debian/

_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user