RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

polygon lasso tool

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

polygon lasso tool shadow-net 04 Jun 09:35
  polygon lasso tool Jonathan E. Paton 05 Jun 23:42
  polygon lasso tool Sven Neumann 06 Jun 11:57
shadow-net
2003-06-04 09:35:47 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

polygon lasso tool

hello,

i'm kind of new to the list , but have been useing gimp since redhat 5.2 cameout. i was wondering if people who are on the development team could refine the gimps polygon lasso tool a bit more to be able to interact with the box selecton tool, and the circle selection to to eather crop the selection, or add, and subtract from the selection. i have noticed that when i try makeing lower 3rds for T.v. i start off with a rectangle select tool, and then use the polygon select tool to subtract or add parts to the selection, but on the gimp it is not seeming to work that well. also something that might also help alot of people who have to work with photoshop on a daily basis, is if for hte icon of the polygon select to you could use something simular to the lasso icon that photoshop uses? it took me a long time to finaly find that, i'm also still looking for the line tool.
thanks

-luke galutia

Jonathan E. Paton
2003-06-05 23:42:34 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

polygon lasso tool

i'm kind of new to the list , but have been useing gimp since redhat 5.2 cameout. i was wondering if people who are on the development team could refine the gimps polygon lasso tool a bit more to be able to interact with the box selecton tool, and the circle selection to to eather crop the selection, or add, and subtract from the selection.

http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/index.html?node37.html

that when i try ... that, i'm also still looking for the line tool.

A classic (written obviously out of frustration):

http://www.gimp.org/~sjburges/straightline/straightline.html

Jonathan Paton

===== #!perl
$J=' 'x25 ;for (qq< 1+10 9+14 5-10 50-9 7+13 2-18 6+13 17+6 02+1 2-10 00+4 00+8 3-13 3+12 01-5 2-10 01+1 03+4 00+4 00+8 1-21 01+1 00+5 01-7 >=~/ \S\S \S\S /gx) {m/( \d+) (.+) /x,, vec$ J,$p +=$2 ,8,= $c+= +$1} warn $J,,

___

Sven Neumann
2003-06-06 11:57:41 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

polygon lasso tool

Hi,

shadow-net writes:

i'm kind of new to the list , but have been useing gimp since redhat 5.2 cameout. i was wondering if people who are on the development team could refine the gimps polygon lasso tool a bit more to be able to interact with the box selecton tool, and the circle selection to to eather crop the selection, or add, and subtract from the selection. i have noticed that when i try makeing lower 3rds for T.v. i start off with a rectangle select tool, and then use the polygon select tool to subtract or add parts to the selection, but on the gimp it is not seeming to work that well.

Someone else already pointed you to the relevant section of the manual that explains how to combine selections. However I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly since you are not using the GIMP terminolgy. Which tool are you actually talking about? Please have a look at the tool name as shown in the tool options dialog. I assume you are referring to the "Intelligent Scissors" tool?!

also something that might also help alot of people who have to work with photoshop on a daily basis, is if for hte icon of the polygon select to you could use something simular to the lasso icon that photoshop uses?

It is not our goal to make the GIMP a 100% clone of Photoshop. Actually most of the GIMP developers don't ever use Photoshop.

Sven