RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

pangoft2 for gimp 1.3

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

pangoft2 for gimp 1.3 Brian Perkins 30 May 02:53
  pangoft2 for gimp 1.3 Sven Neumann 30 May 12:37
pangoft2 for gimp 1.3 José Manuel García-Patos 30 May 16:51
  pangoft2 for gimp 1.3 Sven Neumann 30 May 18:08
   pangoft2 for gimp 1.3 Carol Spears 01 Jun 22:36
    pangoft2 for gimp 1.3 Carol Spears 01 Jun 22:48
    pangoft2 for gimp 1.3 Sven Neumann 02 Jun 13:17
pangoft2 for gimp 1.3 José Manuel García-Patos 01 Jun 22:36
Brian Perkins
2003-05-30 02:53:31 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

pangoft2 for gimp 1.3

I am attempting to compile gimp1.3 and during the configure stage I get the error that pangoft2.pc cannot be found. I have installed freetype and recompiled pango and also tried setting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable to the directory containing pangoft2.pc. Is there something special I need to do when compiling pango to set the optional freetype support? Also as a side question that came to me during this troubleshooting process; how do I permanently set such environmental variables such as the on above?

Thank you for any help.

Brian

Sven Neumann
2003-05-30 12:37:01 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

pangoft2 for gimp 1.3

Hi,

Brian Perkins writes:

I am attempting to compile gimp1.3 and during the configure stage I get the error that pangoft2.pc cannot be found. I have installed freetype and recompiled pango and also tried setting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable to the directory containing pangoft2.pc. Is there something special I need to do when compiling pango to set the optional freetype support?

Pango should find freetype when you run configure. When configure finishes, it will list the backends it is going to build. But you mentioned that there is a pangoft2.pc file already. This indicates that pangoft2 was built. Please check that pangoft2 is version 1.2.0 or newer. You can use pkg-config to do that:

pkg-config --modversion pangoft2

Sven

José Manuel García-Patos
2003-05-30 16:51:53 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

pangoft2 for gimp 1.3

You should edit the pango configure script and uncomment the lines related to pangoft2.pc. They´re more or less at the beginning of the file. It´s fairly easy to do that, the hard part was to figure it out (at least for me). Then run configure. As Sven said it should appear in the listing of things to build.

José Manuel García-Patos Madrid

Sven Neumann
2003-05-30 18:08:38 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

pangoft2 for gimp 1.3

Hi,

José Manuel García-Patos writes:

You should edit the pango configure script and uncomment the lines related to pangoft2.pc. They´re more or less at the beginning of the file. It´s fairly easy to do that, the hard part was to figure it out (at least for me).

Editing the configure script is definitely not the right way of solving such problems. Please don't suggest such stuff (even if it somehow worked for you).

Sven

Carol Spears
2003-06-01 22:36:22 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

pangoft2 for gimp 1.3

On 2003-05-30 at 1808.38 +0200, Sven Neumann typed this:

Hi,

Jos? Manuel Garc?a-Patos writes:

You should edit the pango configure script and uncomment the lines related to pangoft2.pc. They?re more or less at the beginning of the file. It?s fairly easy to do that, the hard part was to figure it out (at least for me).

Editing the configure script is definitely not the right way of solving such problems. Please don't suggest such stuff (even if it somehow worked for you).

aww,

don't just say don't do that. at least say why and the better way to fix it.

carol

José Manuel García-Patos
2003-06-01 22:36:55 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

pangoft2 for gimp 1.3

You should edit the pango configure script and uncomment the lines related to pangoft2.pc. They´re more or less at the beginning of the file. It´s fairly easy to do that, the hard part was to figure it out (at least for me). Then run configure. As Sven said it should appear in the listing of things to build.

Don´t take my advice if it´s something bad. But let me correct myself. I meant to say Makefile, not configure. Sorry about that. Too. One thing is giving bad advices, and another giving faulty ones. Sorry again.

José Manuel García-Patos Madrid

ps. I sent a correction earlier, but I guess it didn´t get through for some reason.

Carol Spears
2003-06-01 22:48:27 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

pangoft2 for gimp 1.3

On 2003-06-01 at 1636.22 -0400, Carol Spears typed this:

Hi,

Jos? Manuel Garc?a-Patos writes:

You should edit the pango configure script and uncomment the lines related to pangoft2.pc. They?re more or less at the beginning of the file. It?s fairly easy to do that, the hard part was to figure it out (at least for me).

aww,

because it sounds so mean.

carol

Sven Neumann
2003-06-02 13:17:10 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

pangoft2 for gimp 1.3

Hi,

Carol Spears writes:

aww,

Well, I would have done that but the original message didn't give enough information to allow me to give a useful advice.

Sven

BTW: Editing the Makefile is about as wrong as editing the configure script.