RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

preview slow on full size highres. image operations

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

preview slow on full size highres. image operations Feczak Szabolcs 27 May 15:06
Feczak Szabolcs
2003-05-27 15:06:57 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

preview slow on full size highres. image operations

On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 01:49:00PM +0200, Jakub Steiner wrote:

You need to toggle the 'Interface>Keyboard Shortcuts>Dynamic keyboard shortcuts' option in the preferences for this functionality to be available in GIMP 1.3. I reccommend turning it off afterwards so you don't reassign the shortuct by accident later on.

oh that is a good idea ... thanks although my other (bigger) problem is still open ....

I think if it is not solved, maybe preview should be done through sdl or xvid or whatever instantly (but maybe the videocard controll gives slightly different result than the later calculated image after OK button...) Other good idea came from my friend: creating a smaller image in memory, which has the resolution of the screen and calculating the preview on that image.