RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

monitor calibration

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

monitor calibration Josenildo Marques 19 May 17:50
  monitor calibration Sven Neumann 20 May 20:16
   monitor calibration Josenildo Marques 20 May 01:15
   monitor calibration Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero 20 May 22:28
Josenildo Marques
2003-05-19 17:50:27 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

monitor calibration

Hello !

I was amazed at seeing how an image I created looked much more brighter on another computer screen. So, I downloaded the colour calibration package as instructed on the Gimp Manual. I followed the instructions carefully, but I'm not sure weather or not I achieved a reasonable result. When adjusting the black level, for instance, the manual says one has ' to turn up the brightness until strip 1 is just visible again." I could not see any strips, but the numbers 1, 2 and 3.
I have an NVidia MMX 400 video card with 64 megabytes and an LG Studioworks 501E monitor. I think the video card is good, but I'm not sure about the monitor quality. Is it a good one in comparison with other brands, like Phillips, for instance ?

Comments, suggestions and tips highly appreciated.

TIA

JM

Josenildo Marques
2003-05-20 01:15:20 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

monitor calibration

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 15:16, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,
That other computer probably applied some gamma correction to the image. What software was used to display the image? GIMP as well?

Sven

Hi, Sven.

No, actually it was displayed on an old computer (233 [?]) running Windows/IE. The image was on a website.

JM

Sven Neumann
2003-05-20 20:16:35 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

monitor calibration

Hi,

Josenildo Marques writes:

I was amazed at seeing how an image I created looked much more brighter on another computer screen.

That other computer probably applied some gamma correction to the image. What software was used to display the image? GIMP as well?

Sven

Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero
2003-05-20 22:28:52 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

monitor calibration

sven@gimp.org (2003-05-20 at 2016.35 +0200):

I was amazed at seeing how an image I created looked much more brighter on another computer screen.

And were both systems calibrated, or just one? Or none?

GSR