RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gradient editor in gimp 1.3

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gradient editor in gimp 1.3 Ferdinando Pucci 09 May 23:15
  gradient editor in gimp 1.3 Sven Neumann 10 May 00:01
   gradient editor in gimp 1.3 Ferdinando Pucci 10 May 00:29
Ferdinando Pucci
2003-05-09 23:15:41 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Hi all! I'm used to gimp 1.2 and i'm not able to understand how the gradient editor works in ver 1.3 Anybody can give me some input pls?

ps:is there the manual of the 1.3 version of gimp? The one i got haven't the botton of vectors so i guess it's old...

thanks bye!

Sven Neumann
2003-05-10 00:01:09 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Hi,

Ferdinando Pucci writes:

Hi all! I'm used to gimp 1.2 and i'm not able to understand how the gradient editor works in ver 1.3

Are you sure the gradient you are trying to edit is editable at all? This point is a bit confusing about the gradient editor in 1.3. Try to create a new gradient and edit that one. The gradient editor itself hasn't changed much. Most of its functionality is hidden in the right-click menu just as in 1.2.

The point about being able to open the gradient editor for non-editable gradients is that it is such a nice source for colors. Clicking into the gradient editor changes the foreground color.

ps:is there the manual of the 1.3 version of gimp? The one i got haven't the botton of vectors so i guess it's old...

There is no manual for 1.3 yet. We are still looking for volunteers that want to help in writing one. The CVS module is gimp-help, check it out.

Sven

Ferdinando Pucci
2003-05-10 00:29:58 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Are you sure the gradient you are trying to edit is editable at all? This point is a bit confusing about the gradient editor in 1.3. Try to create a new gradient and edit that one. The gradient editor itself hasn't changed much. Most of its functionality is hidden in the right-click menu just as in 1.2.

Yeah it's right! I must duplicate the gradient, or create one to be able to edit it! Now we can really say "it's not a bug, it's a feature!" =) Infact with gimp 1.2 i used to back up the gradient i edited! W TheGiMP!