RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

translating Grokking the GIMP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

translating Grokking the GIMP Josenildo Marques 07 May 03:57
  translating Grokking the GIMP John Culleton 07 May 15:45
translating Grokking the GIMP Olivier Ripoll 08 May 17:39
Josenildo Marques
2003-05-07 03:57:58 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

I decided to translate the very useful book Grokking the GIMP into Portuguese. The translation work has already begun. I would like to know if there are other translations available in any Romance language for comparative purposes.
If there is a bilingual friend out there, someone who speaks French or Italian, for instance, please contact me.

Cheers!

John Culleton
2003-05-07 15:45:49 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

On Tuesday 06 May 2003 09:57 pm, Josenildo Marques wrote:

I decided to translate the very useful book Grokking the GIMP into Portuguese. The translation work has already begun. I would like to know if there are other translations available in any Romance language for comparative purposes. If there is a bilingual friend out there, someone who speaks French or Italian, for instance, please contact me.

Cheers!

Have you contacted tha author for permission?

John Culleton

Olivier Ripoll
2003-05-08 17:39:44 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Josenildo Marques wrote:

I decided to translate the very useful book Grokking the GIMP into Portuguese. The translation work has already begun. I would like to know if there are other translations available in any Romance language for comparative purposes.
If there is a bilingual friend out there, someone who speaks French or Italian, for instance, please contact me.

Cheers! --

There is a French translation of Grokking the gimp (with the permission of Carey Bunks) available at:
http://grokking.tuxfamily.org/

Only the images are not yet translated.

Regards,

Olivier.