RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

website

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

website sam ende 29 Apr 19:46
  website Daniel Carrera 29 Apr 21:31
website Matthew Stapleton 29 Apr 21:40
  website sam ende 29 Apr 22:27
sam ende
2003-04-29 19:46:21 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

website

i'm revamping mine, still got a couple of pages to do, mainly sorting html which i'm not very good at, i am finding reducing the file size, compression loses pix quality. i dunno if what i've done sofar is ok re download time, can people look and tell me. ignore the bits that don't work (links page, fliers page needs sorting and contact page)please, just if the images download in acceptable times and if their are html faults i haven't spotted.
ta muchly

sammi
www.sende.freeserve.co.uk

Daniel Carrera
2003-04-29 21:31:55 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

website

Except for people on dialup, the page should load fine. But then again, people un dialup will have to wait about 2 seconds to see the front page.

How are you doing the HTML part? Are you using some kind of HTML package or are you doing it by hand?

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 06:46:21PM +0100, sam ende wrote:

i'm revamping mine, still got a couple of pages to do, mainly sorting html which i'm not very good at, i am finding reducing the file size, compression loses pix quality. i dunno if what i've done sofar is ok re download time, can people look and tell me. ignore the bits that don't work (links page, fliers page needs sorting and contact page)please, just if the images download in acceptable times and if their are html faults i haven't spotted.
ta muchly

sammi
www.sende.freeserve.co.uk
_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Matthew Stapleton
2003-04-29 21:40:09 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

website

ONE big tip: always use the ALT="" attribute in the tag. This is especially useful for buttons. People on a text based system will thank you because they will actually know what your page is about instead of reading "[INLINE]" every time there is an image.

I use dialup and it showed up pretty quickly.

Matthew Stapleton

%%%%%%%%%%%% http://webpages.marshall.edu/~staple12 %%%%%%%%%%%%

sam ende
2003-04-29 22:27:39 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

website

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 20:40, Matthew Stapleton wrote:

your message to me got trapped in spam assasin this is why;
Content analysis details: (6.00 points, 5 required) HTML_00_10 (1.2 points) BODY: Message is 0% to 10% HTML HTML_MESSAGE (0.1 points) BODY: HTML included in message HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_04 (1.9 points) BODY: HTML has images with 200-400 bytes of words
FORGED_JUNO_RCVD (2.8 points) 'From' juno.com does not match 'Received' headers

*grins*

Content preview: ONE big tip: always use the ALT="" attribute in the tag. This is especially useful for buttons. People on a text based system will thank you because they will actually know what your page is about instead of reading "[INLINE]" every time there is an image. [...]

yes, thankyou, i will do that then.

sammi