RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Open Type Fonts in GIMP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Sorting Open File Wayne Maeda 21 Apr 14:12
  Sorting Open File Steve Crane 22 Apr 22:18
   Sorting Open File Rory Grant 23 Apr 00:25
   Sorting Open File Wayne Maeda 23 Apr 05:15
  Sorting Open File cbsled@ncia.net 28 Apr 13:55
   Open Type Fonts in GIMP Narramore 28 Apr 15:10
    Open Type Fonts in GIMP Jakub Steiner 28 Apr 16:45
Open Type Fonts in GIMP Tom Williams 28 Apr 16:51
Wayne Maeda
2003-04-21 14:12:48 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Sorting Open File

When opening a file, is there any way to sort the list (in a directory) so that the ones created last are at the top? Currently, unless I know the name of the file, I have to search the whole list because it's arranged alphabetically.

Also, I take a lot of digital photos and need to rotate many of my images. Is there a faster way to do this (other than Image/transforms/rotate/90 degrees), perhaps a macro linked to a function key?

Thanks, Wayne

Steve Crane
2003-04-22 22:18:08 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Sorting Open File

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 12:12:48PM +0000, Wayne Maeda wrote:

Also, I take a lot of digital photos and need to rotate many of my images. Is there a faster way to do this (other than Image/transforms/rotate/90 degrees), perhaps a macro linked to a function key?

I turn my camera the other way so I have to ratate 270. Doing it with the menu is quite painful but you can create your own shortcut for any menu. Right-click to bring up the image menu and release the mouse button, don't hold and drag as you move the mouse. Now move the mouse, navigating to the item you want a shortcut for and hover over it. Finally press the key combination you want to assign to the function (I use Shift-Alt-R for rotate) and it will be assigned as the shortcut for that menu item. If it was already in use elsewhere, the previous assignment will be discarded in favour of the new one.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Rory Grant
2003-04-23 00:25:19 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Sorting Open File

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 08:18, Steve Crane wrote:

I turn my camera the other way so I have to ratate 270. Doing it with the menu is quite painful but you can create your own shortcut for any menu. Right-click to bring up the image menu and release the mouse button, don't hold and drag as you move the mouse. Now move the mouse, navigating to the item you want a shortcut for and hover over it. Finally press the key combination you want to assign to the function (I use Shift-Alt-R for rotate) and it will be assigned as the shortcut for that menu item. If it was already in use elsewhere, the previous assignment will be discarded in favour of the new one.

THis is the coolest way of doing shortcuts I've ever seen!

Man the gimp is cool.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Wayne Maeda
2003-04-23 05:15:38 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Sorting Open File

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 10:18 am, Steve Crane wrote:

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Fantastic! This opens up a new world for me.

Thanks, Wayne

cbsled@ncia.net
2003-04-28 13:55:48 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Sorting Open File

On 04/21/03, at 12:12 PM, Wayne Maeda said:

I take a lot of digital photos and need to rotate many of my images. Is there a faster way to do this (other than Image/transforms/rotate/90 degrees), perhaps a macro linked to a function key?

No need for a macro. Go through the menus to the function, but do not click it. With the pointer on the function, press the desired hotkey. This works everywhere in the gimp. I set mine as follows: 90 Degrees 9
180 Degress 8
270 Degress 7

Narramore
2003-04-28 15:10:52 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Open Type Fonts in GIMP

I run GIMP under Redhat Linux 8 and use the free fonts that I downloaded for Linux. I am thinking about getting some Open Type Fonts from Adobe for use under Win98 where I run QuarkXPress and I am wondering if I will also be able to make them work in Linux with GIMP.

Thanks,

Matt

Jakub Steiner
2003-04-28 16:45:37 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Open Type Fonts in GIMP

V Po, 28. 04. 2003 v 15:10, Narramore napsal:

I run GIMP under Redhat Linux 8 and use the free fonts that I downloaded for Linux. I am thinking about getting some Open Type Fonts from Adobe for use under Win98 where I run QuarkXPress and I am wondering if I will also be able to make them work in Linux with GIMP.

The new freetype and pango should be able to handle OpenType fonts (http://www.pango.org/font-resources.shtml). I have not seen such font yet, so I can't tell from experience.

Tom Williams
2003-04-28 16:51:29 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Open Type Fonts in GIMP

Narramore wrote:

You should be able to. I've installed about 100 or so Windows TrueType fonts on my Linux system and can use most of them without any problems at all. The ones I have problems with are ones XFree86 has "problems" with so gimp, naturally, "inherits" those problems.

Good luck!

Peace...

Tom