RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Copying few layers at once.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 9 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Copying few layers at once. Ireneusz Slonina 01 Apr 12:53
  Copying few layers at once. Carol Spears 01 Apr 17:39
   Copying few layers at once. Ireneusz Slonina 01 Apr 20:55
    Copying few layers at once. zeus;] 02 Apr 12:05
     Copying few layers at once. Rory Grant 03 Apr 00:36
20030403200010.D6E55101EC@l... 07 Oct 20:15
  Copying few layers at once. Denis McCauley 04 Apr 04:02
3E8D331C.1080001@pacbell.net 07 Oct 20:15
  Copying few layers at once. Denis McCauley 04 Apr 20:08
Ireneusz Slonina
2003-04-01 12:53:34 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Hello,
how to copy every layer of the image to another at once? I was using 'flatten image', but it is not too good solution.
Thanks in advance for any valuable replies.

-- Irek Slonina
http://linux.rzeszow.pl/~ireks/

Carol Spears
2003-04-01 17:39:45 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

On 2003-04-01 at 1253.34 +0200, Ireneusz Slonina typed this:

Hello,
how to copy every layer of the image to another at once? I was using 'flatten image', but it is not too good solution.
Thanks in advance for any valuable replies.

-- Irek Slonina
http://linux.rzeszow.pl/~ireks/

hi, as far as i know, there is no way to do this. what i do is save it as a new name and delete the unnecessary layers.

carol

Ireneusz Slonina
2003-04-01 20:55:30 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Carol Spears wrote:

hi, as far as i know, there is no way to do this. what i do is save it as a new name and delete the unnecessary layers.

I mean that I want to first develope a small part of image, in layers and then move it to bigger, main image - it's just more efficient for me... It's a pity that I can't do it without flattening the image..

carol

Irek S?onina

zeus;]
2003-04-02 12:05:03 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

On Wednesday 02 April 2003 01:55, Ireneusz Slonina wrote:

I mean that I want to first develope a small part of image, in layers and then move it to bigger, main image - it's just more efficient for me... It's a pity that I can't do it without flattening the image..

Drag the layers in small image to the big image. The layers from the small image will be placed in the big image automatically. You can only drag one layer at a time. <>zeus<>

carol

Irek S?onina

_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Rory Grant
2003-04-03 00:36:04 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 22:05, zeus;] wrote:

This does not preserve layer alignments. There should be some way to group layers for transformations.

Drag the layers in small image to the big image. The layers from the small image will be placed in the big image automatically. You can only drag one layer at a time. <>zeus<>

carol

Irek S?onina

_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Denis McCauley
2003-04-04 04:02:40 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

hi, as far as i know, there is no way to do this. what i do is save i=

t

as a new name and delete the unnecessary layers.

There is a way to do this. Once your layered image is finalised change the canvas size to the size of your large image then create a new calque of this size. Copy your large image to the new calque, then move it down to the bottm of the calques list. Next you click each of your small layers between the eye and the thumbnail so that a cross appears. This allows you to move all the layers so selectionned together to the position you want. Cheers
Denis McCauley

Denis McCauley
2003-04-04 20:08:23 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Martin Katz, Ph.D. wrote:

(off-line)

Dear Mr. McCauley,

What is a "calque"? Is that the same as a Gimp layer?

Sincerely, Martin

Yes it is, Martin. Sorry for any confusion, the result of writing in English about a program I run in French.

Cheers DM

Denis McCauley wrote:

hi, as far as i know, there is no way to do this. what i do is

save i=
t

as a new name and delete the unnecessary layers.

I mean that I want to first develope a small part of image, in layers and then move it to bigger, main image - it's just more efficient for me... It's a pity that I can't do it without flattening the

image..

There is a way to do this. Once your layered image is finalised change the canvas size to the size of your large image then create a new calque of this size. Copy your large image to the new calque, then move it down to the bottm of the calques list. Next you click each of your small layers between the eye and the thumbnail so that a cross appears. This allows you to move all the layers so selectionned together to the position you want.
Cheers
Denis McCauley