RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Epson C62

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Epson C62 Bob Lockie 30 Mar 19:56
  Epson C62 O'Smith 30 Mar 20:48
   Epson C62 Bob Lockie 30 Mar 22:20
  Epson C62 John Culleton 31 Mar 00:41
   Epson C62 Bob Lockie 31 Mar 02:08
Bob Lockie
2003-03-30 19:56:09 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Epson C62

Does the Linux have a print buffer? I had the wrong printer selected in the GIMP-print plugin (4.3.12) and I printed something.
Now everytime I turn on my computer and printer my printer prints crap and won't stop (so I turn the printer off).

O'Smith
2003-03-30 20:48:21 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Epson C62

On Sunday 30 March 2003 12:56 pm, Bob Lockie wrote:

Does the Linux have a print buffer? I had the wrong printer selected in the GIMP-print plugin (4.3.12) and I printed something.
Now everytime I turn on my computer and printer my printer prints crap and won't stop (so I turn the printer off).

======================

Bob, What Linux are you using and what print facility? Cups or lprng? Yes, there is a print queue and you might be able to start your print manager program to remove the offending file. Otherwise, you will have to go find the queue file and remove it. Mine are located at /var/spool/lpd and if you are using cups, then remove any .cf, .df or .hf files to clear the queue.

Patrick

Bob Lockie
2003-03-30 22:20:04 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Epson C62

On 03/30/03 13:48 O'Smith spoke thusly

======================

Bob, What Linux are you using and what print facility? Cups or lprng? Yes, there is a print queue and you might be able to start your print manager program to remove the offending file. Otherwise, you will have to go find the queue file and remove it. Mine are located at /var/spool/lpd and if you are using cups, then remove any .cf, .df or .hf files to clear the queue.

Patrick

Thanks.

I think I installed cups and tried to print something. I ended up stepping back to make the GIMP print but something is printing pages of crap.
Maybe it I kill cupsd and restart. :-)

John Culleton
2003-03-31 00:41:20 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Epson C62

If you have lpr or lprng:
lpq (displays print queue)
lprm ## (removes print file number ##)

Then switch the printer off and on again.

OK?

John Culleton

Bob Lockie
2003-03-31 02:08:31 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Epson C62

On 03/30/03 17:41 John Culleton spoke thusly

If you have lpr or lprng:
lpq (displays print queue)
lprm ## (removes print file number ##)

Then switch the printer off and on again.

OK?

John Culleton

Ok, thanks.