RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Tutorial for beginners

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Tutorial for beginners Judy Wilson 17 Mar 15:28
  Tutorial for beginners John Culleton 17 Mar 19:26
Judy Wilson
2003-03-17 15:28:55 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Tutorial for beginners

We have recently uploaded a tutorial for beginners with The Gimp. There is an html version and one you can download and open in OOo Writer. The images used are also there to download. This was written to start from the beginning, but there are some basics about several things. You can find it on

www.linux.bz

The links to The Gimp are clearly marked.

I started with Grokking the Gimp and could have used some things a little more basic, though I learned a lot! Still learning. I love it!

We're promoting open source in Belize!

Judy Wilson

John Culleton
2003-03-17 19:26:19 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Tutorial for beginners

On Monday 17 March 2003 09:28 am, Judy Wilson wrote:

We have recently uploaded a tutorial for beginners with The Gimp. There is an html version and one you can download and open in OOo Writer. The images used are also there to download. This was written to start from the beginning, but there are some basics about several things. You can find it on

www.linux.bz

The links to The Gimp are clearly marked.

I started with Grokking the Gimp and could have used some things a little more basic, though I learned a lot! Still learning. I love it!

We're promoting open source in Belize!

Judy Wilson

Still, a pdf file would have been nice. Downloading the images separately, downloading and installing Open Office, and then combining the two may turn off some newbies.

I use Abiword (free) and TeX (free) for my textual work.

John Culleton