RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

turn tools loose??

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

turn tools loose?? Gracia M. Littauer 01 Mar 22:27
  turn tools loose?? Judy Wilson 01 Mar 23:44
  turn tools loose?? sam ende 02 Mar 21:34
turn tools loose?? Tom Williams 01 Mar 23:24
Gracia M. Littauer
2003-03-01 22:27:26 UTC (about 21 years ago)

turn tools loose??

a friend asked this question which I couldn't answer since I haven't really used the tools so far.

"I hate to ask such a dumb question on a public list, but I still can't figure out how to get a tool to turn loose! I pick up, for example, the rotator tool. I'm finished rotating, but I can't put the tool down."

Any answers????

Tom Williams
2003-03-01 23:24:34 UTC (about 21 years ago)

turn tools loose??

"Gracia M. Littauer" wrote:

a friend asked this question which I couldn't answer since I haven't really used the tools so far.

"I hate to ask such a dumb question on a public list, but I still can't figure out how to get a tool to turn loose! I pick up, for example, the rotator tool. I'm finished rotating, but I can't put the tool down."

Any answers????

What I usually do is select the "Select rectangular regions" tool which is the first tool in the upper left-hand corner of the toolbox. This is the default tool that is selected when you first start gimp, unless you configure gimp otherwise. :)

Peace....

Tom

Judy Wilson
2003-03-01 23:44:03 UTC (about 21 years ago)

turn tools loose??

* Gracia M. Littauer [030301 16:06]:

but I still
can't figure out how to get a tool to turn loose! I pick up, for example, the rotator tool. I'm finished rotating, but I can't put the tool down."

I used to be puzzled by this, too, but I have discovered anything I want to do that doesn't involved another tool, I can do while I still have that tool. Like print. Sometimes I just select another tool, like "move". I've gotten used to it.

Judy

sam ende
2003-03-02 21:34:25 UTC (about 21 years ago)

turn tools loose??

On Saturday 01 March 2003 21:27, Gracia M. Littauer wrote:

Any answers????

selct a differnt tool to replace it, my 'default' is the move tool.

sammi