RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

[Fwd: Re: Paste as New doesn't only copies top layer]

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

3E595D38.4010905@cfl.rr.com Gregory Propf 24 Feb 00:46
  [Fwd: Re: Paste as New doesn't only copies top layer] Nick Leverton 24 Feb 01:01
Gregory Propf
2003-02-24 00:46:00 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Nick Leverton
2003-02-24 01:01:24 UTC (about 21 years ago)

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 06:46:00PM -0500, Gregory Propf wrote:

Well, yes that works but it just makes a copy in a new window. I need to be able to copy all the layers into an *existing* image. I guess there's no hope. I'm getting the impression that they might have taken this out for some reason. Oh well.

I think the problem is that the Gimp clipboard can only handle a single 4-value (RGBA) layer. It sounds possible to me to make it handle a set of layers, though only the Gimp developers could say if it's really feasible :)

I've often thought it would be useful if any gimp tool (including Copy), not just movement, could be made to apply to a whole bunch of layers at once. Perhaps add another toggle called "selected for modification" in the Layers dialogue, along the lines of "lock for movement". And change internal structures suitably :) I have to admit to not having looked at the source to see if it is in any way practicable.

Nick