RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Printing Problems

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Printing Problems Kevin Myers 22 Jan 20:44
Kevin Myers
2003-01-22 20:44:37 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Printing Problems

Hello,

I'm attempting to print a number of very long, narrow black and white line art tiff images using the GIMP under Windows on my Epson Stylus Color 1520 printer, loaded with tractor feed paper. Running into a couple of major problems:

1. Original image is good quality, as can be seen when zoomed in on the screen. Document was scanned at 400dpi. Printed output is very poor quality, looks like it's printing at 100dpi or less. The default resolution for this printer and its Windows printer driver is 360dpi, and resolutions up to 1440dpi can be specified. Is there any way to improve the quality of the printed image?

2. The maximum page length that I can specify for this printer is 44 inches, but my document is longer than that. When the GIMP gets to the end of the first page, it simply quits printing, rather than continuing onto the next page. Apparantly the GIMP has no concept of images that are more than one page in size. Does anyone know of a reasonable way to work around this issue? Note that manually breaking the document up in to multiple sections is NOT feasible, because I have literally hundreds of these documents to work with.

Any helpful tips on resolving these issues would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks, s/KAM